Any chance? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kidcuddy

New

Any chance?

Post by kidcuddy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Hello All:

Just wanted some advice on places to apply. I am taking the December LSAT. I am going to be finishing up my MBA in the Spring. I had a 3.36 undergraduate GPA on LSAC, but I graduated undergrad in 2 years from high school. President of the Student Body. President of my fraternity. Involved in many clubs/orgs. A lot of volunteering. NON URM.

What do I need to get on LSAT/Which schools look at all the extras?

Please don't kill me, just an inquiring mind.

JCFindley

Silver

Re: Any chance?

Post by JCFindley » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:17 pm

"They," meaning the TLS populous, will need more info.

What LSAT do you need to go where? The LSAT you need to get into HYS is probably unattainable whereas if you are living and want to stay in St Louis then we would look towards WUSTL.

What are your long term goals? How are you paying for school; all loans? rich family? GI Bill?

Where do you live and where do you want to work? Do you have some ties to where you want to work?

It can go on and on.

kidcuddy

New

Post by kidcuddy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:19 pm

All loans. I want to work in Florida eventually, but would like to go to t14, but would go as low as t24

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:20 pm

170+, ED UVA, enjoy striking out in Florida unless you have ties.

kidcuddy

New

Post by kidcuddy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:29 pm

I am taking test in December, ED is out of question. Any others schools that will see extra-currics as an important addition?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ruxin1

Silver

Post by Ruxin1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:31 pm

kidcuddy wrote:I am taking test in December, ED is out of question. Any others schools that will see extra-currics as an important addition?
Nope

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:33 pm

kidcuddy wrote:I am taking test in December, ED is out of question. Any others schools that will see extra-currics as an important addition?
The only non-GPA factor in your app that can offset your GPA is a stellar LSAT score. Aim for a 180, if you don't hit a score that lands you a T14 (hopefully with money) then retake and wait until next fall to apply.

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Nope.

So you don't have an LSAT yet, your GPA is 3.36, you want T14 but will settle for "T24" and you need scholarship money?

A 170 is the minimum you can get to get into T14 with your GPA. You'll need even higher than that if you want any money.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”