How much can GPA improvement Factor in? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
archived

New

How much can GPA improvement Factor in?

Post by archived » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, and i searched the forum for this topic and didn't find quite what I was looking for, so any help would be great!

But my situation is that I started UG as a physics major, which for several reasons turned out not for me, and it ruined my gpa for several years. I then switched too a different major and have since had a GPA of around ~3.65 over last 5 semesters, But because I had been so terrible before hand, my cumulative according to LSAC will be around 2.55-2.6.
LSAT was a 165,
I am applying I'm looking at schools such as Tennessee Knoxville and Louisville, and others in that range. (primarily in the south)

So how much will the improvement help, will it simply just have brought my GPA up and I'll still be terrible in comparison to their standards, or will they consider that as well?

Any information about the topic would be great! Thanks!

kalvano

Diamond

Re: How much can GPA improvement Factor in?

Post by kalvano » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:41 pm

It's better than a downward trend, but pretty close to a non-factor. Maybe a tiebreaker between you and someone else with a similar GPA.

Nova

Platinum

Re: How much can GPA improvement Factor in?

Post by Nova » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:54 pm

It really makes very little difference. You will have one of the lowest GPAs in the class regardless. You will be treated as such. Definitely take a look at this, http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=162680

Consider applying to other southern schools where you are at or above the LSAT median like Georgia, Alabama, Houston, and SMU.

Splitters should apply broadly because their cycles are very unpredictable. Also consider applying to schools not in the south that you get fee waivers to, for the purpose of negotiating scholarships. Good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”