163/3.67 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
otisthedog

New

163/3.67

Post by otisthedog » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Retaking in October for the upcoming admissions cycle, September 2012 admittance. Graduated cum laude from a small liberal arts college last May, spent a summer in DC on a fellowship. Currently working as an oyster farmer and a campaign aid for November elections! Ideally I'd like to attend school in Boston, with BC being my reach (and goal)...I suppose I'd settle for Northeastern. The only other school in the New England region that seems to be within my current range would be Brooklyn Law. What are my odds folks? Any recommendations or suggestions would be most helpful!

MarvinsRoom

New

Re: 163/3.67

Post by MarvinsRoom » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:41 pm

If you crack the 170 or get very near it, there's no reason why you shouldn't get into a T-15. Heck, you'll probably get into a T-6, you never know. You won't get many rejections, instead a lot of wait-lists -- which, depending how you see it, can be a good or bad thing. Best of luck to you.

otisthedog

New

Post by otisthedog » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks for the advice Marvins. I'm expecting a lot of waitlists, and don't quite know what to make of them. That's why I was pretty frustrated with a 163...it's such a borderline score between top 25 and top 50 schools!

airplay355

New

Post by airplay355 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:04 pm

I feel your pain. I ended up with a 162 and I'd also like to stay in New England. Seems like any school worth going to (wishing for Fordham, BU or BC unless by some miracle I jump to 170+ on the next LSAT) is out of reach though. I'm also retaking in October.

There's also Cardozo but going in NY and having to compete with NYU, Columbia, Cornell, Fordham for jobs + all the other T14 people who flock to NYC for jobs sounds like career suicide. I've decided if I can't get myself into one of the three I really want (or better) then law school just isn't for me and I'll go the PhD route instead.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”