Softs.... Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kshaulis

New

Softs....

Post by kshaulis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:13 am

Hi all,
I apologize for breaking all the rules and posting before I have an LSAT score-- I know that's frowned upon, but I'm trying to gauge my softs. I know they aren't a big factor, but I'd rather have decent softs in case I need an extra push. Dream school is UVa. Planning to ED. 3.64 uGPA, so I know I need a 171 or higher on test day.

Here we go with softs:
Master's Degree in journalism, 3.9 GPA
Built a website dealing with the legal aspects of Alabama's new immigrant law HB 56 as part of an independent school project
Reported on issues the Tuscaloosa, Ala. community faced in the aftermath of the devastating tornadoes last year
Worked for an advocate law firm for six months as a communications intern
Interned at a number of small publications, both digital and print, covering environmental issues.
Volunteered in Russia for two weeks with children and elderly
Helped my father start his own aerospace consulting company-- I'm currently the communications director.
Graduate assistant while getting my master's

Since I'm applying for 2013 school year, I know there isn't much time to do anything outstanding. However, what do these softs look like? Do I need to focus more? Spend another year out of school and get some more experience? Or do I just kick ass on the LSAT and don't worry about my softs at all?

Sincerely,
Someone who is nervous to post and get yelled at. Encouragement is greatly appreciated.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Re: Softs....

Post by shredderrrrrr » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:25 am

kshaulis wrote:Hi all,
I apologize for breaking all the rules and posting before I have an LSAT score-- I know that's frowned upon, but I'm trying to gauge my softs. I know they aren't a big factor, but I'd rather have decent softs in case I need an extra push. Dream school is UVa. Planning to ED. 3.64 uGPA, so I know I need a 171 or higher on test day.

Here we go with softs:
Master's Degree in journalism, 3.9 GPA
Built a website dealing with the legal aspects of Alabama's new immigrant law HB 56 as part of an independent school project
Reported on issues the Tuscaloosa, Ala. community faced in the aftermath of the devastating tornadoes last year
Worked for an advocate law firm for six months as a communications intern
Interned at a number of small publications, both digital and print, covering environmental issues.
Volunteered in Russia for two weeks with children and elderly
Helped my father start his own aerospace consulting company-- I'm currently the communications director.
Graduate assistant while getting my master's

Since I'm applying for 2013 school year, I know there isn't much time to do anything outstanding. However, what do these softs look like? Do I need to focus more? Spend another year out of school and get some more experience? Or do I just kick ass on the LSAT and don't worry about my softs at all?

Sincerely,
Someone who is nervous to post and get yelled at. Encouragement is greatly appreciated.
As everyone else will likely say, softs don't matter much. For what it is worth, however, your softs look pretty good. I wouldn't say you need to work on them any more. There will be people with better softs but you definitely aren't lacking in that department. Those will only be helping you.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:27 am

Get crackin on the LSAT my friend! There are less than 80 days left until October's LSAT!

kshaulis

New

Post by kshaulis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:32 am

Thanks guys! Will do... Already in the midst of an epic study schedule.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”