In need of serious advisement Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
epicone

New

In need of serious advisement

Post by epicone » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:11 pm

took Oct 2011 LSAT without studying like a slob--158
Feb LSAT 2012 after studying --168

3.71 gpa

literally did not apply until the end of Feb for BC, BU, Fordham, Alabama, and South Carolina
the reason I didn't apply was because I wasn't sure how I was going to do on the LSAT... and didn't want to waste my money

Question: should I just say fuck it and apply next cycle? I have some soft factors things like rugby captain and leadership positions, but will applying so late ruin me? Go big or go home style?

Also, all the schools I applied to are 20-30 ranked schools, should I go higher? -- ignore South Carolina :twisted:

bigeast03

Bronze

Re: In need of serious advisement

Post by bigeast03 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:14 pm

epicone wrote:took Oct 2011 LSAT without studying like a slob--158
Feb LSAT 2012 after studying --168

3.71 gpa

literally did not apply until the end of Feb for BC, BU, Fordham, Alabama, and South Carolina
the reason I didn't apply was because I wasn't sure how I was going to do on the LSAT... and didn't want to waste my money

Question: should I just say fuck it and apply next cycle? I have some soft factors things like rugby captain and leadership positions, but will applying so late ruin me? Go big or go home style?

Also, all the schools I applied to are 20-30 ranked schools, should I go higher? -- ignore South Carolina :twisted:

I would definitely sit out this cycle. Get some work experience, or if you have the money- some fun life experience. There's no harm in taking the test again as well, since a 170+ could really change your prospects. Even without re-taking, applying earlier in the cycle and to better schools seems like the best choice in this situation.

ETA: Also take some time to figure out where you would like to work; even within the T14 that is important. You seem pretty shot-gunned across the east coast with your current list.

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:54 am

Aim higher. You're above both medians at Cornell....

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 am

Sit out this cycle... and consider retaking...with a 170+ you will open new doors...I would recommend you study for the June test and try to get 170+

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:08 pm

U have really solid numbers, but you need the advantage to applying early retake or not. If you do retake apply early with your current numbers and hope you get a boost.

What ever you do sit out and apply early.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:15 pm

definitely say fuck it. honestly you should retake this summer. i bet you can squeeze a couple points.

in2win

Bronze

Post by in2win » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:21 pm

i sent out applications to about 5 safety schools at the beginning of march and have been rejected from 3, held at 1, and no movement on the last

EMZE

Silver

Post by EMZE » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Since you will be applying next cycle, you can study for 2 months and retake in June or 6 months and retake in October. With a 168 you have already laid the groundwork and obviously understand the material. Might as well use this time to take and then review every single practice test available. The exception to this might be if you have already done so. Even then, retaking and reviewing your mistakes for a higher score when you do retake may make a monumental difference in receiving scholarships.

Either way, your current numbers make you competitive for T14. Add substantive work experience for a year and you will be even better off.

TheRedMamba

Bronze

Post by TheRedMamba » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:51 pm

epicone wrote: literally did not apply until the end of Feb for BC, BU, Fordham, Alabama, and South Carolina
As opposed to figuratively applying end of Feb?

Retake, reapply early

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”