A "Splitter's" Chances??? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
chw123

New

A "Splitter's" Chances???

Post by chw123 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:49 pm

All files below just went complete. I received fee waivers at almost all of them. What are my chances at the schools below????
Creds: GPA: 3.64 from Okla St. in Russian Language, 153 LSAT, Native American, Detailed Rec Letters from prof and OK Supreme Court Chief Justice, Internships with Dept of State and Dept of Defense, Solid Personal Statement and Diversity Statement.

Please let me know what you think. I think its a crap shoot at almost every one. Thanks So much!!

American
Baylor (Summer)
Boston U
Cardozo
Case Western
GW
Illinois
Indiana
Miami
Minnesota
Ole Miss
Notre Dame
Penn State
Pepperdine
SMU
Tulane
Washington and Lee
Washington St. Louis
Last edited by chw123 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: A "Splitter's" Chances???

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:52 pm

You're not a splitter. Splitters have high LSATs and low GPAs.

Why are you applying so freaking late? Your odds everywhere go up significantly by just waiting until next cycle.

chw123

New

Post by chw123 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:56 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:You're not a splitter. Splitters have high LSATs and low GPAs.

Why are you applying so freaking late? Your odds everywhere go up significantly by just waiting until next cycle.
Everything I've come across says there are two types of splitters, a high LSAT and low GPA and the reverse?

I applied everywhere in about december, but didn't have a LSAT to report until after Feb.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:35 pm

chw123 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:You're not a splitter. Splitters have high LSATs and low GPAs.

Everything I've come across says there are two types of splitters, a high LSAT and low GPA and the reverse?

I applied everywhere in about december, but didn't have a LSAT to report until after Feb.
Splitter: Low GPA, high LSAT
Reverse splitter: High GPA, low LSAT

You are neither. You have a low LSAT and a mediocre to decent GPA. Even as an NA, you probably won't get into a school worth going to and ESPECIALLY not by applying this late.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:39 pm

1. You should retake. Pretty much any school that takes a 153 LSAT is not worth going to.

2. How did you decide that list of schools? Law schools are regional. Do want to work in IA? If not you shouldn't have applied to IU-B. Do you want to work in OH? If not you shouldn't have applied to Case Western. Do you want to work in MS? If not you shouldn't have applied to Ole Miss. etc, etc. Figure out where you want to work and apply to schools in that area. The only reason to apply to schools in places you don't want to work is to get scholarships from those schools and use those scholarships as leverage to get scholarship money from the schools in the area that you do want to work.

3. I'm fairly sure that rec letters sent through LSAC are supposed to be confidential and your recommenders are not supposed to show them to you.

justicefishy

Bronze

Post by justicefishy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Retake in June, apply next September, profit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”