USC Fee Waiver? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Mr.Binks

Silver

USC Fee Waiver?

Post by Mr.Binks » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Evening mates,

So I keep getting e-Mails from USC and I also got a fee waiver. I'm not sure if this is indicative of my chances, since my numbers aren't quite there.

I have a 162 and 161 LSAT and a 3.7 GPA. i'm thinking they're incentivizing me to apply just so they can reject me. What do you all think?

alevin

New

Re: USC Fee Waiver?

Post by alevin » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:17 pm

They give fee waivers to those above their GPA medians the previous year. It's only $16 to apply, so why not?

Mr.Binks

Silver

Post by Mr.Binks » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 pm

alevin wrote:They give fee waivers to those above their GPA medians the previous year. It's only $16 to apply, so why not?
True. I just wanted to know what the real probability of me getting accepted is. Nevertheless, I am only applying this cycle as a safety in case I fuck up my June 2012 LSAT... again.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:28 pm

I got one last year with similar numbers and got in. You never know, but your probability of getting in is extremely low. Just check out lawschoolnumbers.com.

Mr.Binks

Silver

Post by Mr.Binks » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:31 pm

chimp wrote:I got one last year with similar numbers and got in. You never know, but your probability of getting in is extremely low. Just check out lawschoolnumbers.com.
Yeah. It seems that for this cycle, there aren't applicants that reported that they got waitlisted or rejected, so it's hard to tell. I guess there's a chance that they have a remarkably low number of applicants this cycle and are desperate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:
chimp wrote:I got one last year with similar numbers and got in. You never know, but your probability of getting in is extremely low. Just check out lawschoolnumbers.com.
Yeah. It seems that for this cycle, there aren't applicants that reported that they got waitlisted or rejected, so it's hard to tell. I guess there's a chance that they have a remarkably low number of applicants this cycle and are desperate.
Just look at cycles from other years. Also, do you bring any diversity/uniqueness to the table? That could help you. But, like I said, your chances are extremely low especially this late in the cycle.

Mr.Binks

Silver

Post by Mr.Binks » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:43 pm

chimp wrote:
Mr.Binks wrote:
Just look at cycles from other years. Also, do you bring any diversity/uniqueness to the table? That could help you. But, like I said, your chances are extremely low especially this late in the cycle.
Yeah, my thoughts also. Overall, I'm a pretty average applicant. No extreme softs or anything of the sort. Oh, well. I won't hold my breath for an acceptance, but I guess it'd be a nice school to go to if my June score comes back disappointingly low.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”