Chem Engineer, ROTC. Need suggestions... Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cwh35

New

Chem Engineer, ROTC. Need suggestions...

Post by cwh35 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:47 pm

I am currently at Chemical Engineering student at Drexel University. It is a five year co op school so by the time I graduated, I will have 18 months of job experience in chemical engineering. I also participate in the Army ROTC program. As of now I have a 3.16 GPA, but my thing question is: The schoolwork is getting significantly more difficult and as much time and effort as I put in my grades are starting to go down. I am very nervous about by the time I graduate I will have close to a 2.5 GPA. If I still receive a good grade on the LSAT, what do you think the chances are of getting into a Law school. I have been debating changing my major to something like criminal justice. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

northerniowan

Bronze

Re: Chem Engineer, ROTC. Need suggestions...

Post by northerniowan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:35 am

Don't change your major. An engineering degree is pretty valuable and you'll be able to have a good job if the whole law school thing doesn't workout. Plus you'll be able to sit for the patent bar with an engineering degree. LSAT is worth significantly more than gpa, so study really hard for the LSAT and you'll be alright with a good score. Visit lawschoolpredictor.com and play around with some hypothetical situations to get a good idea of what you'll need for where you want to go.

Return to “What are my chances?”