3.6 / 167 retake or not? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jerichosm

Bronze

3.6 / 167 retake or not?

Post by jerichosm » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 am

Hey guys,

I posted before to see how everyone thought my admissions would go with my current score and GPA. Now I need some advice as to if I should retake the LSAT in December or not...

So I PT'd between 170-172 leading up to this last LSAT after a base-score (without studying) of 165 and finished with a 167 on the actual test. Did anyone have similar numbers to this and improve their score??

My dream school is Duke, but if I can't get that, my second reach is Cornell, and my target is Wake Forest (with money).

Did anyone retake with similar numbers and their score go down? This is, obviously, my primary concern.

Please give me some advice, the deadline to register for the December LSAT is Friday!!

Thanks,
Sean

pdeturk

Bronze

Re: 3.6 / 167 retake or not?

Post by pdeturk » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:26 am

jerichosm wrote:Hey guys,

I posted before to see how everyone thought my admissions would go with my current score and GPA. Now I need some advice as to if I should retake the LSAT in December or not...

So I PT'd between 170-172 leading up to this last LSAT after a base-score (without studying) of 165 and finished with a 167 on the actual test. Did anyone have similar numbers to this and improve their score??

My dream school is Duke, but if I can't get that, my second reach is Cornell, and my target is Wake Forest (with money).

Did anyone retake with similar numbers and their score go down? This is, obviously, my primary concern.

Please give me some advice, the deadline to register for the December LSAT is Friday!!

Thanks,
Sean

I'm having these questions too

Higher GPA, but same LSAT. I'm retaking in June for next cycle.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:29 pm

jerichosm wrote:Did anyone retake with similar numbers and their score go down? This is, obviously, my primary concern.
Since scoring lower isn't going to hurt you and you could retake a 3rd time, this is more of a nonissue than a primary concern.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:34 pm

I had a 167, took it again and got a 171. I think it's worth it.

Think about it this way: do you have anything to lose by taking it again? What's your opportunity cost? What's the potential gain? What would you be doing instead of studying? Unless it's something that's more important to you than going to Duke, retake. That's the calculus.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Another non-URM poster with a 167/3.6 was just admitted EA to Cornell.

jerichosm

Bronze

Post by jerichosm » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Good points...I appreciate the responses...I think I am going to retake

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”