157/3.6 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Scotusnerd

Silver

157/3.6

Post by Scotusnerd » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:54 pm

LSAT/Grades are in the title. I'm looking to get into University of South Carolina, possibly with scholarships. What do you think?

Also, are there any other schools in the North Carolina/South Carolina.Georgia region that might be good fits? I'm already planning on retaking the LSAT in December, I just want to know what my options are if that one goes south.

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Re: 157/3.6

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:LSAT/Grades are in the title. I'm looking to get into University of South Carolina, possibly with scholarships. What do you think?

Also, are there any other schools in the North Carolina/South Carolina.Georgia region that might be good fits? I'm already planning on retaking the LSAT in December, I just want to know what my options are if that one goes south.
You will be told to not attend any schools you could get into with the LSAT score and to wait for your retake score for serious consideration.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:07 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Scotusnerd wrote:LSAT/Grades are in the title. I'm looking to get into University of South Carolina, possibly with scholarships. What do you think?

You will be told to not attend any schools you could get into with the LSAT score and to wait for your retake score for serious consideration.
If I am told that then I will request reconsideration because I want to know what to do if my score does not improve. That's all.

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:10 pm

You will get into USC. Are you in-state? If yes, then maybe it is not a bad option (although I still think it is overpriced), if out of state, don't go.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Thanks for the response! Yes, I am instate. I just moved in September to establish residency and live with my girlfriend. This state is beautiful, and I decided that a state school was a more realistic option than biglaw top tier with my score. I am interested in doing state prosecution, military JAG, or private smaller-firm law, such as real estate. I'm keeping my options open until I get in and try the different types of law.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AlexanderSupertramp

Bronze

Post by AlexanderSupertramp » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:05 pm

You'll get into South Carolina.

I wouldn't bother with NC. Though, you'd probably get into NCCU, Campbell, Elon and Charlotte with money (but not enough) at the last two. Elon, Campbell, and Charlotte are all ridiculously expensive as is Central if you aren't in-state.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Great, thanks for the info! NC looked beautiful but too expensive. I'm iffy on Charleston because of the area, newness, and price. I think that U. of South Carolina looks like the best bang for the buck. Better placement for employment in the state, anyway. You can't beat being within walking distance of the capital building and the supreme court building.

Charlotte was right out for the price, and it looked too low. I think Elon sent me an email or something. I'll look into NCCU, just in case.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”