3.63/ 169- FULL RIDE Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nyca

New

3.63/ 169- FULL RIDE

Post by nyca » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:57 am

In terms of ranking, where should I start applying where I would have a chance at a full scholarship? #20? Lower?

pjo

Silver

Re: 3.63/ 169- FULL RIDE

Post by pjo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 am

Indiana is pretty lenient with giving out full rides. What parts of the country are you interested in?

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:17 am

No one can tell you where you'll get a full ride from. I think generally full full rides are pretty hard to come by unless you have great #'s and are super poor.

I think you are better off shooting for huge scholarships and negotiating with your numbers to something around $5-7k for a WUSTL, UGA, Emory-type a year. It'd be better than getting a full ride to BLS or something.

Oh yeah, you'd probably get the full at Indy, too but might not be worth it.

nyca

New

Post by nyca » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:21 am

I'd love to be in an urban area-- NY, LA, SF, Boston, Chicago...

Though I would also go South...

Bodhi_mind

Bronze

Post by Bodhi_mind » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:09 pm

If those are your preferences then it may be tougher. IU-B, UIUC, and WUSTL are pretty generous. St. Louis kinda sucks though. Bloomington's a cool town.

South? I'd go to UF, although your GPA may not be high enough for a full ride. Def. check out UF and FSU--not sure what UM's scholarship packages are like. Good luck!
nyca wrote:I'd love to be in an urban area-- NY, LA, SF, Boston, Chicago...

Though I would also go South...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:13 pm

WUSTL, BU ED, maybe Fordham. You really should pay money and go to Cornell

haowu80s

New

Post by haowu80s » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:23 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:WUSTL, BU ED, maybe Fordham. You really should pay money and go to Cornell
IMHO, these schools are quite regional when it comes to employment. Think about where u'd like to work.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:27 pm

If you want to go south, consider Bama. IIRC, they're pretty generous with their financial aid and their stips are reasonable (like top half of the class) I bet they'd throw a full-ride at you. I got a 90% or so tuition scholarship with much lower numbers.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:32 pm

TommyK wrote:If you want to go south, consider Bama. IIRC, they're pretty generous with their financial aid and their stips are reasonable (like top half of the class) I bet they'd throw a full-ride at you. I got a 90% or so tuition scholarship with much lower numbers.
do not go to a school with stips like that. you can get into a better school with as much money that doesn't have any stips (except good standing)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:07 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
TommyK wrote:If you want to go south, consider Bama. IIRC, they're pretty generous with their financial aid and their stips are reasonable (like top half of the class) I bet they'd throw a full-ride at you. I got a 90% or so tuition scholarship with much lower numbers.
do not go to a school with stips like that. you can get into a better school with as much money that doesn't have any stips (except good standing)
Hmm, maybe, but help me out... what school in the south is better than bama and gives out full-rides to people with OP's stats with 0 stipulations?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:12 pm

TommyK wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Hmm, maybe, but help me out... what school in the south is better than bama and gives out full-rides to people with OP's stats with 0 stipulations?
I think I was looking more at OP's "I'd be ok with the south" than your "if you want the south." For southern schools, that's a decent choice, though UGA is a little better (no full-rides though, but unstip'd smaller schollies and cheap tution), but given the fact that OP's not really set on a particular area, I would advise many other schools over a school like Bama.
tl;dr, didn't see all of your post :oops:

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:23 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:tl;dr, didn't see all of your post :oops:
lol, no worries. I know you're excited about getting to that 5k marker, brother, but slow down ;-)

FWIW, I think top 50% is pretty reasonable. When most people complain about stipulations, I think they're targetting the TTT and TTTT schools that require top 15% to keep the scholarships, which seems predatory to me. May still be worth an app though. Stips/amounts are often open to negotiation. (I have a crush on bama. even though i didn't attend, I had such a great experience interacting with the faculty and staff)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”