3.71/161 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
endearingquirk

New

3.71/161

Post by endearingquirk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:07 pm

White girl applying right out of undergrad. Strong LORs, 2 years WE at corporate law firm, thesis at top-ranked school for Independent Study, collegiate Moot Court, 2 TA-ships, & 3 year resident assistant. Don't think LSAT could go significantly higher. (Would getting it to a 163 be significant here?)

I've looked extensively at LSN and have read through threads on last year's cycle, but I'd appreciate some insight into whether I should be reaching higher, or am already reaching too far.

Applying to:

Pitt
Case Western
Cincinnati
American
University of Maryland
Brooklyn
George Mason
Wake Forest

any suggestions?

PurplePirate

Bronze

Re: 3.71/161

Post by PurplePirate » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:12 pm

endearingquirk wrote:White girl applying right out of undergrad. Strong LORs, 2 years WE at corporate law firm, thesis at top-ranked school for Independent Study, collegiate Moot Court, 2 TA-ships, & 3 year resident assistant. Don't think LSAT could go significantly higher. (Would getting it to a 163 be significant here?)

I've looked extensively at LSN and have read through threads on last year's cycle, but I'd appreciate some insight into whether I should be reaching higher, or am already reaching too far.

Applying to:

Pitt
Case Western
Cincinnati
American
University of Maryland
Brooklyn
George Mason
Wake Forest

any suggestions?
I think you should add one or two "reaches." You never know what can happen.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:16 pm

What areas do you have ties to? Where do you want to work when you graduate? What kind of work interests you the most now? What kind of debt load do you have from UG and what kind of debt do you feel comfortable amassing from law school?

endearingquirk

New

Post by endearingquirk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Currently attending undergrad in central Ohio. Originally from northwestern Pennsylvania. I would be comfortable staying in the mid-west, but also have work experience and connections in the D.C. area. I have 0 undergrad debt & was fully expecting to graduate law school with 150k, but if it could be less, that would be great.

Post law school, I could have a guaranteed in employment law in my hometown, but I would prefer to work for the government, which is why the D.C. area is appealing to me.

jerichosm

Bronze

Post by jerichosm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:31 pm

endearingquirk wrote:White girl applying right out of undergrad. Strong LORs, 2 years WE at corporate law firm, thesis at top-ranked school for Independent Study, collegiate Moot Court, 2 TA-ships, & 3 year resident assistant. Don't think LSAT could go significantly higher. (Would getting it to a 163 be significant here?)

Applying to:

Pitt
Case Western
Cincinnati
American
University of Maryland
Brooklyn
George Mason
Wake Forest

any suggestions?

You're a lock for Pitt, probably with money (I'm applying to law schools now, but I'm from the area and know they'd be drooling over your app)

BEAST_mode

Bronze

Post by BEAST_mode » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Applying to:

Pitt
Case Western
Cincinnati
American
University of Maryland
Brooklyn
George Mason
Wake Forest

any suggestions?

Wouldn't be surprised if you managed to get all of them. Mason and Wake can be funny sometimes, but I think you're in good shape. Add some reaches. Pick from OSU, Wisconsin, Iowa for the midwest? Maybe W&L, W&M, UNC for mid Atlantic? You're likely to get at least one of these IMO.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”