... Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ososmooth

New

Post by ososmooth » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:41 am

Last edited by ososmooth on Wed May 02, 2012 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

PDaddy

Gold

Re: 3.81/158 AA Female

Post by PDaddy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:53 am

ososmooth wrote:3.86 Undergrad GPA 3.81 LSDAS GPA URM with a lsat score of 158 in oct. I got a 142 in june, yes I studied for months for my june exam but anxiety and nerves kicked in. I will not be re-taking the lsat considering I did my very best in oct. I am currently a senior at a State University in New York with a lot of leadership and internship experience. Vice President of one of the biggest organizations on campus, ambassador for the university, residential assistant, peer educator and teacher's assistant. I also did two internships during my college career, one as a manager at a fortune 500 company and another as a union organizer. I'm currently looking at the following schools:
Fordham
Cornell
George Washington
U Penn
Brooklyn Law

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! Thanks :lol:
Set your sights a little higher. There's a dearth of black females in the professsion. I had a friend get into Penn (with $$$) with your numbers. You should apply to as many top schools as you can. Black women have gotten into HYS with your numbers, so go for it. Berkeley, Duke and Northwestern, Michigan...they will all give you serious consideration. Berkeley has to be on your list.

Why not UCLA and USC? Why not WUSTL and GULC? Why not U-Chicago? Why not HYS? These are not guarantees, but you have a shot, and your score improvement shows that you know how to work hard. Go for it! Don't listen to anyone who says you won't get a look from the elite schools, because they are wrong.

ososmooth

New

Post by ososmooth » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:58 am

Return to “What are my chances?”