164/no gpa Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sfamor

New

164/no gpa

Post by sfamor » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:16 pm

I was so bummed to get my score back today. 164 is much lower than my practice tests under timed conditions, but I guess that's how it goes. I am an older student and already decided that I would not retake and would let whatever happens happen.

My list of schools I was originally going to apply to were as follows:
1) Penn
2) Berkeley
3) Fordham
4) Brooklyn Law
5) Northeastern
6) UC Hastings

With the exception of Penn & Berkeley I was looking for schools where I'd have a chance at scholarships (With my original assumption my score would be around 168-170). I have a masters in social welfare from UC Berkeley (3.96 gpa although I know that doesn't count for much) and over 7 years of social work and governmental public service employment. My undergraduate school did not use a traditional grading system so alas I have no gpa to offset my disappointing LSAT. Although not URM, I'll be writing a diversity statement relating to being LGBT. So the question now is where do I actually apply considering that I need scholarship money and need to be in either SF Bay area, NYC, Philadelphia, or Boston. I'm specifically interested in good public interest programs, clinics, etc..
Last edited by sfamor on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Re: 164/no gpa

Post by Grizz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Schools that have a 164 median LSAT should be your targets. You're not gonna have good luck at basically any of those you listed.

Return to “What are my chances?”