Is HLS a pipe dream? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nelaw2010

Bronze

Re: Is HLS a pipe dream?

Post by nelaw2010 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Do you have any contacts at Harvard? Perhaps some of your Hopkins contacts have ties to Harvard.

Never underestimate the power of contacts. A friend of mine got into GULC b/c of contacts, not merit. It happens more than we care to acknowledge.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Yes it is. Next question.
What kind of bleach should I use to make my whites extra white?
Throw them out and buy new clothes, we've got an economy to save.
:lol:

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:19 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Veyron wrote:
Chad wrote:So if I'm understanding LSAC's GPA conversion policies correctly, they don't factor in grad school grades at all? Seems rather absurd that some basic req I took when 18 that was totally irrelevant to my major can count against me but the phd-level courses I took most recently and that bear a direct relation to my future goals are ignored.

I suppose my current work experience doesn't matter either? I work for the DoD managing clinical trials aimed at treating PTSD, depression and suicide in the military.
It all matters, just not very much compared to UGPA/LSAT. If you can't get used to accepting absurd rules, how are you going to cut it in law?
Because being irritated by a pretty stupid policy = unable to accept absurd rules. Got it.
Well if you already accept the rule why are you posting? To vent your irritation?

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

American_in_China

Bronze

Post by American_in_China » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:01 am

Chad wrote:I'm interested in teaching law (mostly interested in health, bioethics and technology law) and Harvard's JD/LLM program with Cambridge is a particularly attractive path towards that goal. I got a 173 on my LSAT, a 3.3 GPA from undergrad and a 4.0 GPA from Johns Hopkins neuroscience Ph.D program (left after receiving my M.A. in neuroscience) and have published peer-reviewed papers in that field.

I realize my undergrad GPA is quite low and my LSAT is just average for Harvard, but I'm hoping my M.A. at Hopkins in neuroscience and publishing experience will help me out since I'm interested in relevant areas of law teaching. Do I stand a chance or should I not bother applying?
If they check TLS, that picture definitely isn't going to help you out, FYI. And given how exactly 0 other applicants will have the same profile as you, and how much you've revealed already, I'd suggest changing it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”