Lets just say... Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Any Chance for ED at NYU?

Yes
24%
NO WAY, GTFO!
40%
Possible
36%

Total votes: 25

ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Lets just say...

Post by ColumbiaChamp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:58 pm

...I got a 167 on the October LSAT.

I know I will get kittens thrown at me because I don't have an actual score but the anxiety is killing and I feel like a 167 is a reasonable score to expect given my PTs and how I felt on game day.
Last edited by ColumbiaChamp on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bport hopeful

Gold

Re: Lets just say...

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:03 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:...I got a 167 on the October LSAT. Is there any chance I could get ED to NYU with a 4.18 LSDAS GPA, non-urm but an immigrant with socio-economic difficulties, etc. (PS about that)

I know I will get kittens thrown at me because I don't have an actual score but the anxiety is killing and I feel like a 167 is a reasonable score to expect given my PTs and how I felt on game day.
I know this isnt helpful, but I feel like you got a 164.

ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Post by ColumbiaChamp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:08 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:...I got a 167 on the October LSAT.
that's a little disheartening.
Last edited by ColumbiaChamp on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:15 pm

I feel that bport is being generous. 162.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:17 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:...I got a 167 on the October LSAT. Is there any chance I could get ED to NYU with a 4.18 LSDAS GPA, non-urm but an immigrant with socio-economic difficulties, etc. (PS about that)

that's a little disheartening.
164 was just screaming in my head. I thought you would do just a bit worse than you felt. Let us know when you get an LSAT.

Para's analysis is prolly more accurate than mine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:18 pm

So your PT's were around 170 or above? On game day, the usual expectation is that you will score around the "floor" of your PT range, or a bit below that level. So if your PT's were in the range of 168-172, then 167 seems like a reasonable prediction. But if 167 is at the higher end of your practice range, or even your dead on average, I wouldn't expect that score on the real thing since nerves so often play a role in the final result.

ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Post by ColumbiaChamp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:19 pm

WOW, Im getting destroyed over here haha.

ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Post by ColumbiaChamp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:22 pm

kaiser wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:...I got a 167 on the October LSAT.
So your PT's were around 170 or above? On game day, the usual expectation is that you will score around the "floor" of your PT range, or a bit below that level. So if your PT's were in the range of 168-172, then 167 seems like a reasonable prediction. But if 167 is at the higher end of your practice range, or even your dead on average, I wouldn't expect that score on the real thing since nerves so often play a role in the final result.
I was PTing about 166-170. I felt like I did better on game day than I usually did on the PTs, but with the LSAT who knows.
Last edited by ColumbiaChamp on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:23 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:WOW, Im getting destroyed over here haha.
welcometotls.jpg :D

Honestly, people here don't like to spend time chancing on a supposition. With a real score, we'll be friendlier.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Yeah, its counterproductive for OP to even think about this stuff at this point.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:24 pm

If you think it's logically sound to guess your score based on feelings, you probably worst at LSAT evar.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Real poles give those they survey possible answers that are unrelated to topic.

ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Post by ColumbiaChamp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:30 pm

paratactical wrote:
If you think it's logically sound to guess your score based on feelings, you probably worst at LSAT evar.
agreed, I'm not saying that it is exactly what I got tho. But after taking alot of PTs and having written the test before, I think I can gauge to -/+2.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:32 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:
paratactical wrote:
agreed, I'm not saying that it is exactly what I got tho. But after taking alot of PTs and having written the test before, I think I can gauge to -/+2.
My guess walking out of the test was 8 points lower than my actual score.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:34 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:
paratactical wrote:
I see you enjoy holes.

ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Post by ColumbiaChamp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:35 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:
paratactical wrote:
My guess walking out of the test was 8 points lower than my actual score.
that sucks, did you retake?

ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Post by ColumbiaChamp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 pm

paratactical wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:
paratactical wrote:
I see you enjoy holes.
:?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote: that sucks, did you retake?
Did you misread what he wrote? His score was 8 higher than his guess. And since he likely didn't guess a score 8 points below his average, then he likely did even better than expected.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:37 pm

kaiser wrote:
Did you misread what he wrote? His score was 8 higher than his guess. And since he likely didn't guess a score 8 points below his average, then he likely did even better than expected.
Though OP did misread, my guess was actually a bit below my PT average. Not 8 points tho.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:40 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:after taking alot of PTs and having written the test before, I think I can gauge to -/+2.
I was PTing at an average of 173, fell below 170 only 3 times out of 30 total PTs. Got a 169. Just wait till you get your score back. Is a week and a half really THAT LONG?

ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Post by ColumbiaChamp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:41 pm

kaiser wrote:
My bad y'alll. maybe I should rethink my LSAT score with that kind of attention to detail?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:42 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:
kaiser wrote:
My bad y'alll. maybe I should rethink my LSAT score with that kind of attention to detail?

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:42 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:
kaiser wrote:
If you dont do as well as you could, retake though. Seriously. Career prospects and that jazz aside, it kills me to think about what I could have got.

ColumbiaChamp

Bronze

Post by ColumbiaChamp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:43 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:after taking alot of PTs and having written the test before, I think I can gauge to -/+2.
I was PTing at an average of 173, fell below 170 only 3 times out of 30 total PTs. Got a 169. Just wait till you get your score back. Is a week and a half really THAT LONG?
you have no idea. i'm really paranoid and I worked really hard on my GPA and I don't want to waste it on a shitty school b/c I bombed the lsat.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:43 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
you have no idea. i'm really paranoid and I worked really hard on my GPA and I don't want to waste it on a shitty school b/c I bombed the lsat.
What are you trying to say about my school?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”