3.4ish gpa, lsat??, urm--chances at t14? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
xisnotx

New

3.4ish gpa, lsat??, urm--chances at t14?

Post by xisnotx » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey.

I think if I were to get into a t14 I'd go to law school. My gpa is relatively low since I've been monkeying around for a long time now. I'll graduate within a year with a BA in Philosophy from a big state college. I'm an urm, biracial, and bi-cultural, and I would like to get a JD here so I can transition nicely into an LLM degree equivalent back "home". I'd rather practice law back home as I think they could use it more, plus it's more convenient for me. (Does this increase or decrease my chances of acceptance? If it decreases them, should I not even mention it?)

So, what LSAT would I need to get into a t14? I'm fairly confident in my ability to get a good score as I got 165ish the one time I took a practice test (untimed though, so yeah).

Also, the perceived quality of the program is more important than the actual quality of the program in my case. So Harvard>Yale simply because where I'm from people orgasm every time Harvard is mentioned. To that end, would anyone be willing to rank the top programs based on international name appeal for me?

Thanks.

dr123

Gold

Re: 3.4ish gpa, lsat??, urm--chances at t14?

Post by dr123 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Get a real LSAT score and then come back.

Hopefully2012

Bronze

Re: 3.4ish gpa, lsat??, urm--chances at t14?

Post by Hopefully2012 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:32 pm

URM cycles are very difficult to predict. It matters what kind of URM you are as well.

I'd say that if you graduate with >3.4 Cumulative LSDAS GPA. You'd have a decent shot at lower t-14 with a 166+ LSAT. I'd say lock at 168+. HTH

Being a URM typically helps more if you're a reverse splitter (great GPA but horrid LSAT).

Return to “What are my chances?”