Splitter Safety Schools Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jsvaughn

Bronze

Splitter Safety Schools

Post by jsvaughn » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:01 pm

I've posted on here before and people were telling me that I could maybe have a chance at schools like IUB, WUSTL, and Minnesota. I would happily attend any of the three.

However I was wondering what schools I should target as safety schools. Being a splitter with such a low GPA I'm not sure that there even is such a thing as a "safety" school for me but I was hoping for some feedback on my chances on the following school as well as they are worth attending or if yall think that $$ would be necessary to make them worthwhile.

Softs are decent I guess: 2 DA office internships, 4-Time State Champion XC coach at a local high school

Florida State
Richmond
Pittsburgh
Temple
Cincinnati
Kentucky

Thanks in advance for any feedback

bport hopeful

Gold

Re: Splitter Safety Schools

Post by bport hopeful » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Apply to Emory also if youre willing to be there.

Those schools look pretty safe with that LSAT

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Hard to answer that question. There are a ton of schools out there that will hold their nose at your gpa while accepting you because of your lsat, but the better question would be - where do I want to practice? Once you figure that out, it will be much easier defining some safety schools for you.

jsvaughn

Bronze

Post by jsvaughn » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Last edited by jsvaughn on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:25 pm

I would say a school like George Mason or Washington & Lee would be a good safety as they are splitter-friendly. They would give you a good shot at DC and have good portability into NC.

You may be interested in my guide for splitters: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=162680

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”