3.8/169 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Logik

New

3.8/169

Post by Logik » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi,

Graduate with a 3.8 (as calculated by LSDAS) from GW in philosophy/public affairs, a 169 in LSAT.
Got published in philosophy journal/accepted for publication in an economics journal
Gave a paper at a philosophy conference/invited to present a paper at an English conference.
Major GPA is 3.91.

Applying for law schools over the year, but I'm currently also doing an M.A. at GW in public policy.
Here is where i'm looking:

GWU
Georgetown
UC Berkeley
USC
UCLA
Tulane
UVA
Columbia
NYU
U Chicago
UBC Vancouver

then, looking into but probably wont apply, Stanford and Yale

Your thoughts?

EDIT: Considering doing an ED to Gtown

Real Madrid

Silver

Re: 3.8/169

Post by Real Madrid » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:08 am

Logik wrote:Hi,

Graduate with a 3.8 (as calculated by LSDAS) from GW in philosophy/public affairs, a 169 in LSAT.
Got published in philosophy journal/accepted for publication in an economics journal
Gave a paper at a philosophy conference/invited to present a paper at an English conference.
Major GPA is 3.91.

GWU In (don't know about GW money policies)
Georgetown In
UC Berkeley Toss up
USC In with $$
UCLA In with $$
Tulane In (I assume with $$$$)
UVA WL/Out
Columbia Out
NYU Out
U Chicago Out or WL/Out
UBC Vancouver No idea.

What I think - hope this helps. :)

Also, I wouldn't ED to Georgetown if I were you. I think Chicago or NYU (of the schools you listed) would be more reasonable reach EDs (though still considerable reaches), because you're likely in at Georgetown as it is.

admisionquestion

Bronze

Post by admisionquestion » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:34 am

Previous was overly pessimistic. You have a reasonable (albeit 25% or less) shot at CCN and a 75% or better shot at just about everywhere else.

Real Madrid

Silver

Post by Real Madrid » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:25 pm

admisionquestion wrote:Previous was overly pessimistic. You have a reasonable (albeit 25% or less) shot at CCN and a 75% or better shot at just about everywhere else.
Uh, no. You think OP has a 75+% percent chance at UVA and Berkeley? Well, that would be wrong. Berkeley's acceptance rate is the third-lowest in the country - people with much better numbers are regularly rejected. Thus, it's a toss up.

UVA's medians are 170 and 3.85. OP is below both. Look at LSN to see what happens to applicants below both of UVA's medians.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”