Splitter chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
wolfpack-avvocato

Silver

Splitter chances

Post by wolfpack-avvocato » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm scared to find out what LSAC is going to do to my GPA, but anyways here is the current rundown. Where do you think I have the best shot? Good softs I think, non-profit founder, National Board Licensed Pharmacy Tech for 4 years, leadership positions. I'm taking the October LSAT, my average score is a 176.4 on the PT and I'm a good test taker so hacking off 7ish points off the average seems fairly safe to me.

2.9/170 (last 60 credits were a 3.7 taking my most difficult classes)

Reach
UVA
NU
GULC

Target
WUSTL
Notre Dame
Davis
Hastings (meh)
Washington

Safety
Dunno yet

Please feel free to add in others. I have suddenly found myself far more geographically mobile than I once was.

Note: I would prefer a program offering a JD/MBA.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Splitter chances

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:24 pm

NU ED should be pretty realistic. I think you need to break 3.0 to get ED UVA with a 170. Not sure about GULC. If I wanted one of those in your case, it would have to be NU.

WUSTL will be plausible as will ND, though not a complete lock and Davis and Washington are probably going to be tough b/c of west-coast splitter hate.

throw in Illinois and IU-B to guarantee a T30, but I think that NU ED is most likely going to be the result.

wolfpack-avvocato

Silver

Post by wolfpack-avvocato » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:39 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:NU ED should be pretty realistic. I think you need to break 3.0 to get ED UVA with a 170. Not sure about GULC. If I wanted one of those in your case, it would have to be NU.

WUSTL will be plausible as will ND, though not a complete lock and Davis and Washington are probably going to be tough b/c of west-coast splitter hate.

throw in Illinois and IU-B to guarantee a T30, but I think that NU ED is most likely going to be the result.
The only pause for concern with NU is my lack of post-bacc WE. Do you think they would consider my professional license as well as my founding a non-profit an acceptable replacement for traditional WE? Or better yet do you think they would consider it legitimate WE? NU would truly be a remarkable accomplishment for me considering my early transcripts, one that I would be very pleased with.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:47 pm

wolfpack-avvocato wrote:The only pause for concern with NU is my lack of post-bacc WE. Do you think they would consider my professional license as well as my founding a non-profit an acceptable replacement for traditional WE? Or better yet do you think they would consider it legitimate WE? NU would truly be a remarkable accomplishment for me considering my early transcripts, one that I would be very pleased with.
Honestly, I'd go for it anyway. Worst scenario = you don't get in, and you can ED to UVA --> GULC.

If you're deadset on NU (though it doesn't seem like you are) you can sit out the cycle after you get moved to RD or WL and then reapply next year with 2 years WE...that should make you a shoo-in, assuming you score within your expected LSAT range in October (and even if you don't, you can retake next feb/june if you end up sitting this cycle out).

ETA: what might help give NU the impression that it was concrete WE and not just normal softs that everyone has is if you get people from your job/non-prof/etc to write a CPE for you. I mean, I don't know for sure but I feel like that makes it more ~WE ish

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

RC fail. I thought the pharm tech thing was WE and that the 170 was an actual score. How about you join crumps and I with 177s in October so you don't even need to worry about this?

wolfpack-avvocato

Silver

Post by wolfpack-avvocato » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:37 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:RC fail. I thought the pharm tech thing was WE and that the 170 was an actual score. How about you join crumps and I with 177s in October so you don't even need to worry about this?
Shit If I manage to get my PT average (177) I will buy both of you drinks, and please feel free to hold me to that :wink:
I'm probably going to try and figure out how to work the pharm tech thing into pseudo WE. It is after all an exam based license that requires many Continuing Education (CE) credits each year. That plus my non-profit charity that has thus far been quite successful I'm really hoping will tip the scales in my favor. We'll see though :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”