CUNY Law with 148? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
aclaw55

New

CUNY Law with 148?

Post by aclaw55 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am

Hello All,

I was curious if CUNY Law admits students with 148 early in the cycle? I know it's a low LSAT but if they do accept students with that score and I applied late last cycle, I'm unsure if I should re-take or just re-apply with the same score. Thank you!

law4vus

Silver

Re: CUNY Law with 148?

Post by law4vus » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:14 am

aclaw55 wrote:Hello All,

I was curious if CUNY Law admits students with 148 early in the cycle? I know it's a low LSAT but if they do accept students with that score and I applied late last cycle, I'm unsure if I should re-take or just re-apply with the same score. Thank you!
1) What's your GPA? Their 25th percentile LSAT is a 152, so you're below that, but their 75th percentile GPA is a 3.57. If you're significantly above that, you have a shot at getting in.

2) Re-take regardless of your answer to #1. With a 148, you'd be paying sticker at CUNY and that's just not a good idea. At least try and increase the score to get scholarship money, and if you can significantly increase it you have a shot at getting into much better schools with much better employment prospects.

OnceUponAMemo

Bronze

Post by OnceUponAMemo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:21 am

law4vus wrote:

1) What's your GPA? Their 25th percentile LSAT is a 152, so you're below that, but their 75th percentile GPA is a 3.57. If you're significantly above that, you have a shot at getting in.

2) Re-take regardless of your answer to #1. With a 148, you'd be paying sticker at CUNY and that's just not a good idea. At least try and increase the score to get scholarship money, and if you can significantly increase it you have a shot at getting into much better schools with much better employment prospects.
Something tells me you don't know what tuition is at CUNY. They've already published tuition for the 2011-2012 school year, total cost: $10,345.85. To OP, are you an URM? If so, you have a decent shot if your GPA is solid. I would study and retake no matter what, but CUNY if you're dead set on public interest in new york city is not the worst option ever. Just make sure to educate yourself on the school and its placement before enrolling.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 am

OnceUponAMemo wrote:
law4vus wrote:

Something tells me you don't know what tuition is at CUNY.
True, lol. I think I was thinking of a different school.

That being said, my "retake" response still stands. Try to shoot for a better school if at all possible with an increased LSAT score.

OnceUponAMemo

Bronze

Post by OnceUponAMemo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:01 am

law4vus wrote:
OnceUponAMemo wrote:
law4vus wrote:

Something tells me you don't know what tuition is at CUNY.
True, lol. I think I was thinking of a different school.

That being said, my "retake" response still stands. Try to shoot for a better school if at all possible with an increased LSAT score.
Seconded.

I know a few people at CUNY and the end-game options really aren't there. CUNY is known for PI in NY, but there are also a whole boatload of NYU, Fordham, Cardozo and Brooklyn kids looking for the same PI jobs, plus add in all the NY Law and Pace type places, the market isn't supporting all these schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”