Chances of $? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Klinklang

New

Chances of $?

Post by Klinklang » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:55 pm

So I'm at a 4.0, 163 with a solid personal statement, but I honestly don't know how the LSDAS will affect my GPA when I submit apps (I have two W's - not W-Passes or W-Fails). Curious - what do you fine people think my of odds are of a scholarship at

Fordham
Washington
UC Boulder?

Thank ya kindly! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Klinklang on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gavinstevens

Bronze

Re: Chances of $?

Post by gavinstevens » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:03 pm

I couldn't speak to your odds of $, but on the point of the W's, LSAC counts a W as an F (0.0) if your school counts the W in question as a mark that you withdrew from a class that you were failing. If your W's do not fall into that category, and your undergrad institution doesn't have weird grading procedures, your 4.0 will probably remain intact.

This is all worthless though, when you can check out the GPA calculator: http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ulator.htm

Klinklang

New

Post by Klinklang » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Okay, that's kind of what I was thinking. They separate Ws from WPs and WFs at my UG, and don't factor it into any sort of GPA or hours attempted/hours earned scheme. So there's that. :)

gavinstevens

Bronze

Post by gavinstevens » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Hmmm, call LSAC if you're not sure.

I read the "Ivey Guide to LS Admissions" and nearly had a heart attack when I read that LSAC MAY count W's as F's. Definitely an important point to clear up.

Klinklang

New

Post by Klinklang » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Yeah you're not lying - got the same info from Ms. Ivey. I'll be sending my transcripts to LSAC at the end of August, so I suppose I'll find out then. *fingers crossed*

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:56 am

you are a chill dude. my neurotic ass would stay up until 9 am to call LSAC.

every mf-er on this site is going to tell you to retake. you don't even have to be 170 or bust with that GPA, 3 - 5 points would give you more acceptances and more $$$

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:46 am

Yeah, you should retake. But even without a retake, you could get UVA with an early ED. Of course, since you want money, that is kinda pointless. 4.0/168 should get you money from the lower T14.

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 am

Klinklang wrote:Yeah you're not lying - got the same info from Ms. Ivey. I'll be sending my transcripts to LSAC at the end of August, so I suppose I'll find out then. *fingers crossed*
If you want to apply day 1, I'd send your transcripts sooner. It may take a while to process

Klinklang

New

Post by Klinklang » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Yeah, sending them a bit earlier occurred to me the other day, so I guess I'll just update them later on (taking a summer class at the moment).

I know retaking up to a 166 or so would help a lot, but I studied this ***** like a year, no lie, so putting it behind me is a huge relief (PT'd at 167 avg.). I feel like getting into one of those schools, maybe with a small scholly, would be enough for me - not really looking to go into BigLaw at this point, maybe MidLaw in a decent sized city. Hmmm...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:44 pm

Try lawschoolnumbers.com

Klinklang

New

Post by Klinklang » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Yeah, LSN's both a little reassuring and worrying lol. I think my odds aren't too bad, I just had a little reality check when scores posted! :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”