3.72gpa 155 lsat Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
innes77

New

3.72gpa 155 lsat

Post by innes77 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Basically I just started doing the research regarding which schools to apply. My gpa is pretty good, while my lsat i would say is mediocre/ok. I am married with two kids, 6 years of active military work experience w/ 1 combat deployment. I was a member of Phi theta kappa, and Golden key international honor society, and graduated with honors. My plan is to go jag with the Marines. So making a long story short, how are my chances getting into UNH, Suffolk, U of Miami, Michigan State, U of Florida (long shot) but where i got my BA, Northeastern (long shot), NE school of law, TX Tech, or any other suggestions.. Feel free to be blunt as possible, you wont hurt my feelings. I am sure there is punctuation/grammatical errors, its a blog, and I dont really care to proof read as long as you get the idea.. Thank you for your time.
Last edited by innes77 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Diamond

Re: 3.72gpa 155 lsat

Post by bk1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:32 pm

You should retake the LSAT if a higher score is at all possible.

Take a look at http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com to see where you can get into.

Take a look at http://www.lawschooltransparency.com to see how good schools are (one of the key stats to pay attention to is the percentage of kids that get full time, JD required jobs). The schools you are looking at (T3, T4 schools) generally give their grads a 50% chance or less of becoming a full time lawyer. If you absolutely must go to these schools you should go as cheaply as possible and with as minimal stipulations on your scholarship as you can (preferably none, but the reasoning is that if a stipulation requires you to be top 1/3 of the class to keep it, 2/3 of the time you are going to lose your scholarship).

innes77

New

Post by innes77 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

I realize that the higher the better, this is the second time ive taken the lsat, 144 23pct vs 155 65pct, so I am nervous about taking again due to the significant jump.. I am not worried necessarily about debt, for one I have none right now, and if I achieve Marine Jag its a full ride anyways.. I guess im looking for chances and feedback about if the schools are any good, and so on..

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:42 pm

innes77 wrote:I realize that the higher the better, this is the second time ive taken the lsat, 144 23pct vs 155 65pct, so I am nervous about taking again due to the significant jump.. I am not worried necessarily about debt, for one I have none right now, and if I achieve Marine Jag its a full ride anyways.. I guess im looking for chances and feedback about if the schools are any good, and so on..
That's what law school numbers is for. Also schools only take your highest score so doing worse won't hurt you. I have no idea about JAG recruiting, will they care which school you go to?

minnesotasam

New

Post by minnesotasam » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm

I don't know about the rules regarding the Marines specifically but a good friend of mine is doing the recently revamped Air Force JAG program and was extremely limited in the schools he could apply to. While he was able to get in-state tuition anywhere, he could only apply to schools where the cost would be less than $xx,xxx/yr, which translated to exclusively public institutions. Something to consider if you haven't already dived into the JAG process.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

innes77

New

Post by innes77 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Ive looked at the numbers already, just comparing to see if there is any truth to the numbers based on others information. Marine JAG's only requirement is that you achieve a 150 and get accepted to a school when you put your package in. That being said, I dont want to go to some shit school (pardon the language, not trying to be rude) for the sake of becoming a lawyer. I'm striving for TT/TTT with good reputations. Also if there is a limit, im willing to take on some debt due to me not having any at the moment.

innes77

New

Post by innes77 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:57 pm

BTW thank you for the transparency link, pretty interesting..

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”