Scholarship from Syracuse Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
CPM723

Bronze

Scholarship from Syracuse

Post by CPM723 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Hey all,

I recently visited Syracuse and really enjoyed the campus, and wanted to know if you had any idea on my chances of receiving a decent amount of scholarship (10k or more per year). I am interested in doing Prosecution and have no problem sticking close to Syracuse after graduation for a while. My stats are a 159 LSAT and a 3.68 GPA with strong connections in the area. If you could give me any educated responses that would be great!

hds2388

Bronze

Re: Scholarship from Syracuse

Post by hds2388 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

CPM723 wrote:Hey all,

I recently visited Syracuse and really enjoyed the campus, and wanted to know if you had any idea on my chances of receiving a decent amount of scholarship (10k or more per year). I am interested in doing Prosecution and have no problem sticking close to Syracuse after graduation for a while. My stats are a 159 LSAT and a 3.68 GPA with strong connections in the area. If you could give me any educated responses that would be great!
I had similar stats (similar LSAT, higher GPA) and I got 27k/yr. Spend the time on the essays.

CPM723

Bronze

Post by CPM723 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Are the essays and your stats the only thing taken into consideration, or are your resume and personal statement taken into account as well?

Also, do you find the curve reasonable in regards to keeping your scholarship?

hds2388

Bronze

Post by hds2388 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:47 pm

CPM723 wrote:Are the essays and your stats the only thing taken into consideration, or are your resume and personal statement taken into account as well?

Also, do you find the curve reasonable in regards to keeping your scholarship?
Didn't take the scholarship. My guess is my resume did play a role (close connection to the school). I don't remember what the stips are, but as I recall they weren't that outlandish (I think it was like median or above, but I don't remember).

CPM723

Bronze

Post by CPM723 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Oh okay, I really appreciate your help. I really liked SU, but some money would make attending much easier.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”