chances w/ merit scholarships? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
gsmith

New

chances w/ merit scholarships?

Post by gsmith » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:20 pm

I have a 3.74 GPA and a 175 LSAT. I'm currently at a top 35 undergrad university and I'm trying to figure out which law schools to apply to. I'm looking at all T-14 plus UCLA, Vandy, BC, BU, W&M, UNC, Notre Dame, and Fordham. Which schools do I have a chance of getting into with merit scholarships?

splitmuch

Silver

Re: chances w/ merit scholarships?

Post by splitmuch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:24 pm

gsmith wrote:I have a 3.74 GPA and a 175 LSAT. I'm currently at a top 35 undergrad university and I'm trying to figure out which law schools to apply to. I'm looking at all T-14 plus UCLA, Vandy, BC, BU, W&M, UNC, Notre Dame, and Fordham. Which schools do I have a chance of getting into with merit scholarships?

I think you'd have a chance at admission with money at CCN on down

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:29 am

splitmuch wrote:
gsmith wrote:I have a 3.74 GPA and a 175 LSAT. I'm currently at a top 35 undergrad university and I'm trying to figure out which law schools to apply to. I'm looking at all T-14 plus UCLA, Vandy, BC, BU, W&M, UNC, Notre Dame, and Fordham. Which schools do I have a chance of getting into with merit scholarships?

I think you'd have a chance at admission with money at CCN on down
+1. I'd ignore all those extras except UCLA and Vandy unless you really have a burning desire to go to school in South Bend for some reason. Personally I'd ignore like... Cornell and GULC too, but I'm absurdly lazy.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:33 am

Yeah, MVPCCN are all likely with large amounts of cash

gsmith

New

Post by gsmith » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:34 pm

Which of those T-14 schools would be more generous with merit scholarships? Cornell's website doesn't even say anything about them. Neither does GULC or NYU, besides public interest scholarships.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Not sure about the criteria, but I think you have a shot at one of MVP's named full-rides. Also NU give large amounts of money

WarioLaw

Bronze

Post by WarioLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:40 pm

I have similar numbers but slightly lower LSAT (173). Got money everywhere but Harvard (WL, admitted), Chicago (admitted), NYU (admitted), Boalt (WL) and UVA (WL). Scholarships ranged from full rides outside the T14 to about 40% - 60% tuition for Michigan on up. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”