Best Chance for Money---3.88 and 170 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
admisionquestion

Bronze

Best Chance for Money---3.88 and 170

Post by admisionquestion » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi,

I am hoping for CCN but I just got super interested in the idea (don't tls freak out on me) of not going to a t14 and dipping a bit for Full-Ride plus Stipend.

I know UMN offers a full tuition with 10,000 plus a year stipend.

Is there anyone better then 20 that might be similar in ride+cash?

Boggs

Bronze

Re: Best Chance for Money---3.88 and 170

Post by Boggs » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:52 pm

admisionquestion wrote:Hi,

I am hoping for CCN but I just got super interested in the idea (don't tls freak out on me) of not going to a t14 and dipping a bit for Full-Ride plus Stipend.

I know UMN offers a full tuition with 10,000 plus a year stipend.

Is there anyone better then 20 that might be similar in ride+cash?
Those are my exact numbers. I'm not sure about UMN's stipend. I got full tuition, but no stipend. This was after getting waitlisted. If they waitlist you, make sure to LOCI because it's probably yield protect.

As far as others, I didn't apply to many non-T14 T20 schools, but UVA and USC both gave me a good amount of scholarship. Michigan wasn't quite as much, but still good.

That being said, I chose Berkeley over much cheaper schools with comparable rankings. I'm pretty debt adverse, but there are so many more factors that should go into your decision. I had the good fortune of being able to visit all the schools I was accepted to, except one, and that made a big difference in my decision making.

Good luck at CCN. I'm sure you've got a good shot. I didn't apply there, but only because I'm not much for cities.

Return to “What are my chances?”