166 and questions about my GPA Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Parliament

New

166 and questions about my GPA

Post by Parliament » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:41 pm

My situation sucks! My LSAT is 166, awkward... and especially, I am foreign educated. My undergraduate has no GPA system, but if it is to be roughly calculated, my undergraduate GPA is high, major GPA 4.0, Cum GPA 3.8. However, LSDAS would not convert this GPA, according to my friend, the LSDAS would only give out a simple description as above average or notate it as inconvertible...

Then I came back and attended U of Michigan for MA, my MA GPA sucks, only 6.875, if to be converted to 4 scale, it would be only 3.43... My MA GPA sucks, mainly because I don't like my MA major and accelerated it and finished it within one year.

My question is: if I apply for law schools, would they evaluate my undergraduate GPA or my MA GPA? If both, does my MA GPA also need to meet the same GPA requirement, saying 3.6-3.8 for top 30 schools????

Guys, I am so deprived... My MA GPA would screw me up... Had I decided to attend law school more early, I won't finish my MA in a rush...

Please come in and give me your opinions. And please also name me one or two schools that I could give a shot...

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Re: 166 and questions about my GPA

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:42 pm

MA GPA doesn't matter, only UG GPA does

Parliament

New

Post by Parliament » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:55 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:MA GPA doesn't matter, only UG GPA does
What? Dude? You 100% sure?? I was like a Fxxxing moron stayed up for the entire last night worring about my future????

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Parliament wrote:
What? Dude? You 100% sure?? I was like a Fxxxing moron stayed up for the entire last night worring about my future????
Your LSDAS GPA (the one which law schools care about) takes into account all college classes taken prior to receiving your first bachelor's and nothing more.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Parliament wrote:
i can't decide whether to call you a flame or not. ehh i'll narrowly go with no. MA GPA doesn't matter

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Parliament

New

Post by Parliament » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:36 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
Parliament wrote:
i can't decide whether to call you a flame or not. ehh i'll narrowly go with no. MA GPA doesn't matter
I am sorry, man... why I thought MA GPA would count, it was because LSDAS requested my MA transcript... Thus I thought my MA GPA did matter... Thus they require for my MA transcript is only for reference, not for Law schools' evaluation, right?

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Parliament wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
Parliament wrote:
I am sorry, man... why I thought MA GPA would count, it was because LSDAS requested my MA transcript... Thus I thought my MA GPA did matter... Thus they require for my MA transcript is only for reference, not for Law schools' evaluation, right?
if i say it a third time will you stop asking the same question?

Parliament

New

Post by Parliament » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:34 pm

[/quote]I am sorry, man... why I thought MA GPA would count, it was because LSDAS requested my MA transcript... Thus I thought my MA GPA did matter... Thus they require for my MA transcript is only for reference, not for Law schools' evaluation, right?[/quote]
if i say it a third time will you stop asking the same question?[/quote]

Dude, thank you for your patience! I'll stop, defintely. Understand me please, last night really sucks, and have been away from the States for so long, living in another country for 20 years... not really familiar with the States...

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Parliament wrote:
I am sorry, man... why I thought MA GPA would count, it was because LSDAS requested my MA transcript... Thus I thought my MA GPA did matter... Thus they require for my MA transcript is only for reference, not for Law schools' evaluation, right?[/quote]
if i say it a third time will you stop asking the same question?[/quote]

Dude, thank you for your patience! I'll stop, defintely. Understand me please, last night really sucks, and have been away from the States for so long, living in another country for 20 years... not really familiar with the States...[/quote]

get over last night. you're fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”