3.2 160...Need Advice. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
WalkerL23

New

3.2 160...Need Advice.

Post by WalkerL23 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:05 pm

3.2 160..Applying late in cycle b/c my adviser originally had me graduating next fall...From reading this board I know most will advise me to wait until next year, but I'm already 26 and ready to take this step. Also, money is not an issue so I'm not worried about losing money on apps or graduating school with debt. 3.2 has a downward trend due to working 40-50 hours a week my last 2 years. Wrote addendum explaining. Not a URM.

At this stage in the game, what schools do I have a shot to be admitted? I would like to attend school in the Southeast, Texas or Colorado. I already have all my documents ready to go and will get all apps out by Wed.

Apps sent to:
UGA- I know its a long shot but parents went there so I had to try.
FSU
Miami
Baylor
Richmond
Tulane

Where else should I apply? Any and all realistic schools would be great.

I really appreciate any advice, kinda scrambling here.

richis7

New

Re: 3.2 160...Need Advice.

Post by richis7 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Throw an app in at campbell if you don't mind living in north carolina after graduation, it is Tier 4 but well respected in the state.

tas817

New

Post by tas817 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Do you know were you want to live after graduation? If FL try all the State schools, UM, and Stetson.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Someone is covering your full cost of attendance for you?

That being said, you should retake the LSAT, apply next cycle, and take the best school you can get into in the area you want to work in if someone else is fully covering your law school tuition.

WalkerL23

New

Post by WalkerL23 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:36 pm

bk187 wrote:Someone is covering your full cost of attendance for you?

That being said, you should retake the LSAT, apply next cycle, and take the best school you can get into in the area you want to work in if someone else is fully covering your law school tuition.
Sorry, didn't explain fully. I'll be covering my own cost of attendance. Recent inheritance.

If I don't get in a quality school I will certainly retake and reapply, but it can't hurt to send out some apps now right?

Also, I would like to work in either GA, FL, TX or even possibly Colorado.

Thanks for any help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:54 pm

WalkerL23 wrote:
bk187 wrote:Someone is covering your full cost of attendance for you?

Sorry, didn't explain fully. I'll be covering my own cost of attendance. Recent inheritance.

If I don't get in a quality school I will certainly retake and reapply, but it can't hurt to send out some apps now right?

Also, I would like to work in either GA, FL, TX or even possibly Colorado.

Thanks for any help.
It can't hurt, but a 3.2/160 is putting you in pretty much only awful schools. There will be others who will tell you that you can do a lot better investing $200k than you would if you spent it on law school, but I say if you really want to be a lawyer then go for it.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tas817

New

Post by tas817 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:04 pm

I am not usually a "retake" person. I think the 160 is fine (whish I had it) unless you really want to go to a TOP school. I would say wait to next year mostly b/c you are starting so late in the cycle and might as well retake to boost score and chances. I know how you feel I am also 26 about to start 1st year but I think if you dont atleast get into something at the level of FSU or UF I would wait. Really will save you some serious money to apply early and if possible just improve score a few points. Either way you go best of luck to you.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:21 pm

tas817 wrote:I am not usually a "retake" person. I think the 160 is fine (whish I had it) unless you really want to go to a TOP school. I would say wait to next year mostly b/c you are starting so late in the cycle and might as well retake to boost score and chances. I know how you feel I am also 26 about to start 1st year but I think if you dont atleast get into something at the level of FSU or UF I would wait. Really will save you some serious money to apply early and if possible just improve score a few points. Either way you go best of luck to you.
+1. Good points for sure. I applied pretty damn late though and got a great acceptance. Almost waited a cycle but decided to throw out a few apps just to see what would happen. I think this also depends largely on OPs PT average and studying habits. Was he peaking at 157 after months of studying and came up huge on test day or did he take it cold and settle for a 160. There are a lot of factors in play here. A year off and early apps next cycle would probably provide better acceptances and more scholly $$$ though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”