Fordham PT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Ineedhelpplease

Bronze

Fordham PT

Post by Ineedhelpplease » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:19 am

I have a 3.17 gpa 157 lsat. Im a urm and work at da's office as a paralegal, Any chance at fordham.

2011L1

New

Re: Fordham PT

Post by 2011L1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:22 am

Ineedhelpplease wrote:I have a 3.17 gpa 157 lsat. Im a urm and work at da's office as a paralegal, Any chance at fordham.
Hopefully I have similar #'s lol. How long have you worked at DA's office and what county?

Ineedhelpplease

Bronze

Post by Ineedhelpplease » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:25 am

2 years. kings county. i havent applied yet. Plan too tomorrow.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:29 am

Ineedhelpplease wrote:I have a 3.17 gpa 157 lsat. Im a urm and work at da's office as a paralegal, Any chance at fordham.
I think I remember you - you're in at Cardozo, right?
Hmm... I mean, you never can tell what Fordham will do (they really ARE "holistic" about admissions, in many ways!) but I have to be honest: your numbers are very, very low for them.
Also, if you're only applying now I'd say it's even more bleak.
Can you take another year, retake the LSAT and make sure your application is ready to go, as soon as they start taking submissions? (With Fordham, EARLY MATTERS)

2011L1

New

Post by 2011L1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:43 am

nygrrrl wrote:
I think I remember you - you're in at Cardozo, right?
Hmm... I mean, you never can tell what Fordham will do (they really ARE "holistic" about admissions, in many ways!) but I have to be honest: your numbers are very, very low for them.
Also, if you're only applying now I'd say it's even more bleak.
Can you take another year, retake the LSAT and make sure your application is ready to go, as soon as they start taking submissions? (With Fordham, EARLY MATTERS)
It is late, but are you discounting the URM bump? maybe not enough professional exp. They cut the eve division to 60, but will only admit people who are working professionals

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:49 am

2011L1 wrote: It is late, but are you discounting the URM bump? maybe not enough professional exp. They cut the eve division to 60, but will only admit people who are working professionals
You're almost correct on the above: the program is now 80 students in the evening division and while there is a strong bias towards people who are working, it is by no means a requirement.
I don't think the URM bump is going to help much - the combination of numbers and timing isn't good - but who knows. Not enough information, here (how old is he? does he have a really great story? etc)

OP, if you have the $ for the application, go for it - but I stand by my original suggestion of waiting a year, retaking and submitting as early as possible.
Best of luck to you!

2011L1

New

Post by 2011L1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:55 am

nygrrrl wrote:
2011L1 wrote: It is late, but are you discounting the URM bump? maybe not enough professional exp. They cut the eve division to 60, but will only admit people who are working professionals
You're almost correct on the above: the program is now 80 students in the evening division and while there is a strong bias towards people who are working, it is by no means a requirement.
I don't think the URM bump is going to help much - the combination of numbers and timing isn't good - but who knows. Not enough information, here (how old is he? does he have a really great story? etc)

OP, if you have the $ for the application, go for it - but I stand by my original suggestion of waiting a year, retaking and submitting as early as possible.
Best of luck to you!
Sorry 80 people you are correct. it is very late in cycle, but you might be right on waiting because I don't think 2 years career exp is enough. Is being in at Dozo a good sign for Fordham, Brooklyn, St. John's?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”