2.86/155 Chances to get into a T1/TT school. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cam22

New

2.86/155 Chances to get into a T1/TT school.

Post by cam22 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:21 pm

I got a 2.86 (3.3) and a 155

5 years in the guard with one deployment

URM

Want to know what are my chances, i have applied to 46 school within the top 100 with a few t3 schools as safeties.

Adjudicator

Silver

Re: 2.86/155 Chances to get into a T1/TT school.

Post by Adjudicator » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Which URM are you, if you don't mind me asking?

If you are truly URM, with the 5 years experience in the guard, you will definitely get in somewhere in the T1 even with those mediocre numbers. And if you think you can raise that LSAT into the 160s even, then your opportunities will expand dramatically.

At this point, you'd be wise to target schools in a particular region that you want to work in.

cam22

New

Post by cam22 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Which URM are you, if you don't mind me asking?

If you are truly URM, with the 5 years experience in the guard, you will definitely get in somewhere in the T1 even with those mediocre numbers. And if you think you can raise that LSAT into the 160s even, then your opportunities will expand dramatically.

At this point, you'd be wise to target schools in a particular region that you want to work in.
No I don't mind I am a black male. I applied to a lot of school in DC, NY and Cali

dink3500

New

Post by dink3500 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:16 pm

What schools did you apply to?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:19 pm

As an AA male you will see a number of acceptances. It's hard to predict exactly where, since 1) there are very few people on TLS with similar stats to compare to, and 2) different schools place different weight on URM status. The only advice anyone could give you is to apply as broadly as possible; since you've already done that you should just sit back and wait.

You'll get in somewhere. Where, or at least what your best acceptances will be, is anyone's guess. I'm going to predict you won't get into any T25 schools but will get at least one or two lower T1s.

Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cam22

New

Post by cam22 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 pm

vanwinkle wrote:As an AA male you will see a number of acceptances. It's hard to predict exactly where, since 1) there are very few people on TLS with similar stats to compare to, and 2) different schools place different weight on URM status. The only advice anyone could give you is to apply as broadly as possible; since you've already done that you should just sit back and wait.

You'll get in somewhere. Where, or at least what your best acceptances will be, is anyone's guess. I'm going to predict you won't get into any T25 schools but will get at least one or two lower T1s.

Good luck.
Thanks this is worst than the wait for the December LSAT scores. I wanted to cancel because i knew i completely bombed the games section ( which is normally one of my strongest ) but i need to get start with my cycle. I should slip in somewhere i hope, well see what happens.

cam22

New

Post by cam22 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:26 pm

I got some money for a few more apps any seggestions here is my current list:

Ave Maria
New England
MICHIGAN STATE UNIV COLLEGE OF LAW
NEW YORK LAW SCHOOL
NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY
THE JOHN MARSHALL LAW SCHOOL
THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON SCHOOL OF LAW
The University of Toledo College of Law
BENJAMIN N CARDOZO SCHOOL OF LAW
BROOKLYN LAW SCHOOL
CHICAGO-KENT COLLEGE OF LAW
Columbia University School of Law
CORNELL LAW SCHOOL
DUKE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY LAW CENTER
HARVARD LAW SCHOOL
HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
LEWIS AND CLARK LAW SCHOOL
LOYOLA LAW SCHOOL- LOYOLA MARYMOUNT U
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
AMERICAN UNIV- WASHINGTON COLL OF LAW
PENN STATE UNIV- DICKINSON SCHOOL OF LAW
SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO LAW SCHOOL
UNIV OF CALIF, HASTINGS COLL. OF THE LAW
UNIV OF SOUTHERN CALIF LAW SCHOOL
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT LOS ANGELES
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-DAVIS
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS COLLEGE OF LAW
University of Maryland School of Law
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI SCHOOL OF LAW
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA LAW SCHOOL
UNIVERSITY OF SAN DIEGO-- SCHOOL OF LAW
UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL
WASHINGTON AND LEE UNIVERSITY
WASHINGTON UNIV SCHOOL OF LAW
Golden Gate University School of Law
SETON HALL UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
ST JOHNS UNIV SCHOOL OF LAW
UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC

Flustercluck

Bronze

Post by Flustercluck » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:34 pm

If you have Penn State on there, not reason not to throw an app at Temple and Villanova as well...

*That said, I would seriously consider waiting until next year and retaking. Breaking 160 means pretty solid shot at T30 on down maybe even with $$, 164 means T20 on down and an outside shot at lower T14. I applied last year with a lower GPA than yours, retook the LSAT and improved 4 points, reapplied this year, got T14. Waiting an extra year sucked at the time, but I'm very glad I did so.

cam22

New

Post by cam22 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Flustercluck wrote:If you have Penn State on there, not reason not to throw an app at Temple and Villanova as well...

*That said, I would seriously consider waiting until next year and retaking. Breaking 160 means pretty solid shot at T30 on down maybe even with $$, 164 means T20 on down and an outside shot at lower T14. I applied last year with a lower GPA than yours, retook the LSAT and improved 4 points, reapplied this year, got T14. Waiting an extra year sucked at the time, but I'm very glad I did so.
I technically have that option as could jump on a deployment for a year but, I don't know if i could do that again well see how this cycle turns out. I am retesting in February well see what i get as long as, I don't bomb a section again ill score above a 160 easy. I pt consistently between 160-165.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Flustercluck

Bronze

Post by Flustercluck » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:53 pm

cam22 wrote:
Flustercluck wrote:If you have Penn State on there, not reason not to throw an app at Temple and Villanova as well...

I technically have that option as could jump on a deployment for a year but, I don't know if i could do that again well see how this cycle turns out. I am retesting in February well see what i get as long as, I don't bomb a section again ill score above a 160 easy. I pt consistently between 160-165.
If your score is above 160 in February, it will make a big difference. I was in a very similar boat last year actually, my December test was lower than I knew i could do and my retake was February.

February tests can eff up your application cycle. After my retake I was waitlisted at 9 places ranked between 20 & 40 last year, but this year ended up admitted to NU because I applied early (Both early in cycle and early decision). When people on TLS told me to reapply early this year with my improved score I didn't believe it was that big a deal, but I most certainly believe that now.

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 pm

Please, retake the LSAT.

cam22

New

Post by cam22 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:45 pm

Yea I am definately going to take again, I am just tired of preparing for it and I am running out of PTs

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:14 am

cam22 wrote:Yea I am definately going to take again, I am just tired of preparing for it and I am running out of PTs
As a fellow retaker, I understand. You just gotta push through it. Also, reusing PTs isn't the end of the world. It worked out for me and countless others.

cam22

New

Post by cam22 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:06 pm

got into my first t1 school yesterday, I got into American lets see how the rest of this cycle turns out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”