Retake Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nodummy

Bronze

Retake

Post by nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Please just tell me to retake.
Last edited by nodummy on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adjudicator

Silver

Re: Possible splitter?

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:31 pm

RETAKE

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Adjudicator wrote:RETAKE
Come on. Enough. Don't post a response if you're just going to say retake. I need some serious advice here and people have applied with worse numbers.

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Serious advice would be to retake or to consider an alternate career path. Your numbers do not make you a splitter, they are just poor numbers. (i'm sorry)

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:41 pm

nodummy wrote:
Come on. Enough. Don't post a response if you're just going to say retake. I need some serious advice here and people have applied with worse numbers.
I was being serious.

I have a bad GPA too (3.0) and I retook a 164 because it wasn't good enough to get me in to a decent school. You're in the same boat.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
nodummy wrote:
I was being serious.

I have a bad GPA too (3.0) and I retook a 164 because it wasn't good enough to get me in to a decent school. You're in the same boat.
You have horrible softs then.

Look at this (http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 9&t=141414)...

With a 3.0, 164 you'd need to be a pretty big moron or extremely picky to evade any good offers.

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:44 pm

glitter178 wrote:Serious advice would be to retake or to consider an alternate career path. Your numbers do not make you a splitter, they are just poor numbers. (i'm sorry)
Key word here is possible. I've seen people called "splitters" with similar numbers.

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:49 pm

nodummy wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:
nodummy wrote:
I was being serious.

You have horrible softs then.

Look at this (http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 9&t=141414)...

With a 3.0, 164 you'd need to be a pretty big moron or extremely picky to evade any good offers.
Yes I have horrible softs, but what "good offers" can you get with a 3.0/164? And I read the thread you linked, but I don't understand what I was supposed to learn from it.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:52 pm

You can do better. If you can't, you're going to (likely) end up wasting some serious money.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:57 pm

You must be a picky moron with horrible softs...after running your numbers I see countless admits from decent schools. And I sent you the link because he had similar numbers and was given credible advice other than some idiots saying a "retake" was the only option.

While I appreciate everyone's concern for the amount of debt I may incur, I'm not looking for T1 advice...T3 schools are fine and I don't care about debt at this point...just trying to get an idea of what might be posisble considering my softs.

In other words, what schools might be a good idea to try?

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:57 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
You can do better. If you can't, you're going to (likely) end up wasting some serious money.
Thanks Pat, but not the advice I'm asking for here.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:58 pm

nodummy wrote:You must be a picky moron with horrible softs...after running your numbers I see countless admits from decent schools. And I sent you the link because he had similar numbers and was given credible advice other than some idiots saying a "retake" was the only option.

While I appreciate everyone's concern for the amount of debt I may incur, I'm not looking for T1 advice...T3 schools are fine and I don't care about debt at this point...just trying to get an idea of what might be posisble considering my softs.

You should very much worry about debt.

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
nodummy wrote:You must be a picky moron with horrible softs...after running your numbers I see countless admits from decent schools. And I sent you the link because he had similar numbers and was given credible advice other than some idiots saying a "retake" was the only option.

You should worry about literacy and try reading my actual question...

at this point I'm evaluating the options.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Picky? If by "picky" you mean I want to go to a school with real job prospects, then yes, I suppose you're right.

"Moron," though, strikes me as a little ironic in this situation.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:07 pm

nodummy wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I got a -1 on RC what did you get? -5 or something stupid like that?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
nodummy wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I got a -1 on RC what did you get? -5 or something stupid like that?
I'm somehow very shocked you got a -1 on RC. I assumed every question you missed was RC.

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:10 pm

To DF: You've posted close to 10,000 times here. Isn't time to reevaluate your life?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BrownBears09

Bronze

Post by BrownBears09 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:12 pm

ITT: OP asks legitimate question. Doom squad invades, tells OP to killself. OP never gets question answered. Random LSAT quip (really?)

/thread

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
I'm somehow very shocked you got a -1 on RC. I assumed every question you missed was RC.
I surprisingly gained my most ground in RC while prepping. It takes nearly total concentration for me to do that.

On the real thing I did better than my average on RC (I normally got 2/3 RC wrong, and 0 LG) and only got 1 RC, but 2 LG.

RC isn't about paying attention to detail it's about understanding organization and flow.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:13 pm

nodummy wrote:To DF: You've posted close to 10,000 times here. Isn't time to reevaluate your life?
It's closer to 20,000 since they deleted BP. And I've done much worse things than post on TLS too much. I'm actually friends with TLSer. It's sad really.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
I surprisingly gained my most ground in RC while prepping. It takes nearly total concentration for me to do that.

On the real thing I did better than my average on RC (I normally got 2/3 RC wrong, and 0 LG) and only got 1 RC, but 2 LG.

RC isn't about paying attention to detail it's about understanding organization and flow.
RC was my downfall throughout studying and on the test. Fucking horseshit.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nodummy

Bronze

Post by nodummy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
nodummy wrote:To DF: You've posted close to 10,000 times here. Isn't time to reevaluate your life?
It's closer to 20,000 since they deleted BP. And I've done much worse things than post on TLS too much. I'm actually friends with TLSer. It's sad really.
In all that time have you contributed anything worth value? Seems doubtful.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:15 pm

OP don't listen to these idiots, all of your law school dreams will come true.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:16 pm

nodummy wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
In all that time have you contributed anything worth value? Seems doubtful.
I got 4th place in tls hall of fame for best contributor. People are stupid.

Seriously though TTTs aren't worth the debt. I may be a dick but not telling you that would be worse tbh.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:17 pm

OP you should retake. I had a sub 3 gpa and I'm at a T13.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”