3.5 GPA/171 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Gemini198

New

3.5 GPA/171 LSAT

Post by Gemini198 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi guys, just got my LSAT scores in (171) wondering what my chances would be at the following schools with a 3.5 GPA:

UCLA
USC
Georgetown
Boston
Berkeley
NYU
Cornell

UCLA, USC and Georgetown are my main schools. I know that my GPA is pretty low, but I'm hoping that my LSAT score will make up for that. I would have liked to apply this cycle, but I feel like I wouldn't be competitive applying this late. I don't want to ruin my chances, so I don't mind waiting a year and applying next cycle. My softs aren't too impressive, so I would take this year to get some work experience (mostly in news/journalism) and volunteer work under my belt. Anyone have any insight into what my chances would be at the above schools if I take this route? Also, are there are particular areas of work that law schools look favorably upon and would be considered good softs? I basically have the rest of this year to pursue anything and everything, and I want to take advantage of that!

If everything works out, I would ED next cycle to either UCLA or Georgetown.

Thanks in advance for the help!

whitman

Silver

Re: 3.5 GPA/171 LSAT

Post by whitman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:32 am

Gemini198 wrote:Hi guys, just got my LSAT scores in (171) wondering what my chances would be at the following schools with a 3.5 GPA:

UCLA (likely the WL due to GPA)
USC (In)
Georgetown (In)
Boston (In)
Berkeley (WL/Out)
NYU (Out)
Cornell (In/WL)

UCLA, USC and Georgetown are my main schools. I know that my GPA is pretty low, but I'm hoping that my LSAT score will make up for that. I would have liked to apply this cycle, but I feel like I wouldn't be competitive applying this late. I don't want to ruin my chances, so I don't mind waiting a year and applying next cycle. My softs aren't too impressive, so I would take this year to get some work experience (mostly in news/journalism) and volunteer work under my belt. Anyone have any insight into what my chances would be at the above schools if I take this route? Also, are there are particular areas of work that law schools look favorably upon and would be considered good softs? I basically have the rest of this year to pursue anything and everything, and I want to take advantage of that!

If everything works out, I would ED next cycle to either UCLA or Georgetown.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Return to “What are my chances?”