Recent Arrest Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
you_were_driving

New

Recent Arrest

Post by you_were_driving » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:14 am

Last edited by you_were_driving on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

mst

Silver

Re: Recent Arrest

Post by mst » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:19 am

It won't kill you. There's plenty of other threads/sites with info on how to properly write these, so do some searching on that front... Don't get me wrong, it will be a negative factor (especially due to the fact that it is occurring so close to when you are applying, which doesn't speak volumes about any maturity you might have gained between the incident and attending law school), but not enough to lock you out of all the top 50/60 schools in my opinion...

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:25 am

Party.

you_were_driving

New

Post by you_were_driving » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:27 am

naterj wrote:Party.
agreed, too much apparently, hence the 3.3

wester0

New

Post by wester0 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Last edited by wester0 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cortnf

Bronze

Post by cortnf » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:05 pm

wester0 wrote:I don't mean to hijack your thread but I don't think my question would justify me creating a new one.

Sophomore year the campus police found me drinking beer in a dorm room. The school made me do community service and write an essay. Later that year, I was charged with minor in consumption. The charge was dismissed after I paid court costs. Senior year I used a female friend's keys to get into her dorm room, with her permission, to drop some stuff off. The dorm was girls only, an RA saw me and I was banned from the dorms for a year.

What impact would these have on my app?

Thanks.
you should have started a new thread.

OP: just explain the facts of the situation in an addendum. it's not great, but it likely won't kill your app.

hijacker: the first one, just lay out the facts and say you learned from the situation. the second one, explain the situation and take responsibility. adcomms are not going to like that situation though.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:06 pm

wester0 wrote:I don't mean to hijack your thread but I don't think my question would justify me creating a new one.

Sophomore year the campus police found me drinking beer in a dorm room. The school made me do community service and write an essay. Later that year, I was charged with minor in consumption. The charge was dismissed after I paid court costs. Senior year I used a female friend's keys to get into her dorm room, with her permission, to drop some stuff off. The dorm was girls only, an RA saw me and I was banned from the dorms for a year.

What impact would these have on my app?

Thanks.
Probably not anything too negative but you should disclose.

On a side note: did you get in trouble for being in a female only dorm or because you had unauthorized access to the building? If it is the former it is your fault for going to an uptight college.

wester0

New

Post by wester0 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Last edited by wester0 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:42 am

Am I the only one thinking this could come to bite the OP in the ass?

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:51 am

whymeohgodno wrote:Am I the only one thinking this could come to bite the OP in the ass?
Yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”