3.81/172 ED to CLS Chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
JoeShmoe11

Bronze

3.81/172 ED to CLS Chances?

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:08 am

Topic pretty much says it all but in addition:

ECs: Average to above-average (no volunteering but some leadership and a lot of work throughout college)
UG: Double major in bio/psych, 5yrs at T70 public
LORs: Decent
PS: Above average; put a lot of work into it and jerked a few reviewers' tears :p

Like I said, Im EDing to CLS. Figure since Im at or above both averages and have overall average or better stats I stand a decent chance at least. Thanks for your help!

P.S. Some of you may recall I had a topic a couple weeks back but my GPA got bumped a few points by some classes I hadn't realized I'd taken at community so I figured I'd make a new topic. Also finished my PS and it is damn good!

ALSO! What're my chances at non-ED on the off-chance that I don't make the ED deadline?
Last edited by JoeShmoe11 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Curry

Re: 3.81/172 ED to CLS Chances?

Post by Curry » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:24 am

I say
ED - In

RD - WL/In

you're in at NYU either way i think

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:33 am

You are in for ED, especially if that double major in sciences was something like math/physics, and > 50% for RD. Either way NYU looks pretty safe.

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:38 am

im_blue wrote:You are in for ED, especially if that double major in sciences was something like math/physics, and > 50% for RD. Either way NYU looks pretty safe.
Double major was half science - bio/psych. Hard but not ridiculous though I like to think it helps me stand out. I'm REALLY afraid of missing ED at this point though. I actually had to send out two copies of my transcript and LORs, one to LSAC and one directly to CLS. I contacted CLS and they said that it is fine and that as long as the items are postmarked before the ED due date it shouldn't be a problem but my app is going to arrive in a messy wave and probably just barely on time. I'm extremely scared it won't get there in time or they'll push it to RD because of the disorganization.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:42 am

Nov. 15 is still a week away - did you send everything by overnight mail?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 am

im_blue wrote:Nov. 15 is still a week away - did you send everything by overnight mail?
Standard mail, sent last week but Im in NJ so it shouldn't take long to get to PA (LSAC) and NY (CLS). Haven't had LSAC send stuff out yet though, I fear I've probably screwed myself. Still gotta send ED form out as well. Plan to send it tomorrow via overnight. Really worried heh. Any chance LSAC stuff will reach them in time?

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:48 am

TLS has reported that even Priority Mailed LORs were processed within 1-2 days, while first class LORs sat around for up to a week. I would resend those LORs by fax, should post within 1-2 days.

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:52 am

im_blue wrote:TLS has reported that even Priority Mailed LORs were processed within 1-2 days, while first class LORs sat around for up to a week. I would resend those LORs by fax, should post within 1-2 days.
LOR was sent awhile back, mostly worried about transcripts now since they were just sent out on Friday. Like I said I had them sent straight to CLS just in case. I gotta think they wont bother calculating my GPA and whatnot and my transcript will absolutely not post to LSAC and reach CLS by Nov 15th so I'm probably SOL. I do plan to call and (kindly) pester CLS as much as possible to show I'm absolutely interested and not to drop me to RD. Is it possible to send out my LSAC package without transcripts and have Columbia looka t them on their own or will I be screwed if the transcripts don't get there in time?

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:54 am

I think LSAC won't send out a report until your transcript posts, and most likely CLS will request LSAC reports on Nov. 15, so it needs to be processed by LSAC by then.

Perhaps CLS will agree to review your transcript and LORs (sent directly to them) and request the official LSAC report a few days later.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 am

im_blue wrote:I think LSAC won't send out a report until your transcript posts, and most likely CLS will request LSAC reports on Nov. 15, so it needs to be processed by LSAC by then.
SOL as I suspected barring a miracle or some quick post office workers. Hmm transcript sent out Friday... standard mail says it'll arrive Wednesday or Thursday. Would it post by Monday? And once I have my app stuff done I don't actually have to send it to CLS, they request it? How do they know to request it?

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:00 am

The bottleneck here is LSAC opening up your transcript, typing the grades into your file, and generating an academic summary report, which can take several days after arrival. Once you apply to CLS through LSAC, and pay $12 to LSAC for the report, CLS will then contact LSAC and request your report (which contains transcript, LSAT score, and LORs). So you don't send anything to CLS other than submitting your application.

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:05 am

im_blue wrote:The bottleneck here is LSAC opening up your transcript, typing the grades into your file, and generating an academic summary report, which can take several days after arrival. Once you apply to CLS through LSAC, and pay $12 to LSAC for the report, CLS will then contact LSAC and request your report (which contains transcript, LSAT score, and LORs). So you don't send anything to CLS other than submitting your application.
Hmm... wonder if I could get LSAC to do it faster by calling? Know of any way to expedite everything? Man I'm REALLY hoping NJ being next to PA means LSAC is already holding my transcript. I sent everything to CLS too (stupidly) so maybe they'll look at them, though they will more likely respond with a "What the hell?" and throw them out. Man I'm officially freaked the hell out. It'd suck to have to go to a worse school because of a dumb mistake or to have to wait another year to apply to law school because of a mistake like this. At least it'd give me another shot at HYS though!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:08 am

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
im_blue wrote:The bottleneck here is LSAC opening up your transcript, typing the grades into your file, and generating an academic summary report, which can take several days after arrival. Once you apply to CLS through LSAC, and pay $12 to LSAC for the report, CLS will then contact LSAC and request your report (which contains transcript, LSAT score, and LORs). So you don't send anything to CLS other than submitting your application.
Hmm... wonder if I could get LSAC to do it faster by calling? Know of any way to expedite everything? Man I'm REALLY hoping NJ being next to PA means LSAC is already holding my transcript. I sent everything to CLS too (stupidly) so maybe they'll look at them, though they will more likely respond with a "What the hell?" and throw them out. Man I'm officially freaked the hell out. It'd suck to have to go to a worse school because of a dumb mistake or to have to wait another year to apply to law school because of a mistake like this. At least it'd give me another shot at HYS though!
If I were you, I would go to the transcript office with a pre-paid overnight envelope and try to get them to send another one ASAP. LSAC seems to pay more attention to urgent-looking mail and process them faster. Then if the LORs haven't posted by Thursday morning, fax them in.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:14 am

im_blue wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
If I were you, I would go to the transcript office with a pre-paid overnight envelope and try to get them to send another one ASAP. LSAC seems to pay more attention to urgent-looking mail and process them faster. Then if the LORs haven't posted by Thursday morning, fax them in.
Hm I may have to. I'll get up early and pester my UG to let me Express Mail a transcript. They're going to hate me but oh well. That'll get it there by Wednesday with three days for them to post it. Possible I suppose! Thanks for all your help! You may have gotten me into CLS!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:17 am

good luck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “What are my chances?”