3.68 / 169 - Chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ZOMGitzlawlschool

New

3.68 / 169 - Chances?

Post by ZOMGitzlawlschool » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:18 pm

GPA: 3.68 2 majors: Accounting and Business Management
LSAT: 164 then 169 in Oct retake
Chance me at these schools plz:

Michigan
Duke
Chicago
NYU
IU
UIUC
BU
ND
Washington

Also, what is the value of a non-T14 degree outside of the geographic area of the country. IE I want to practice in the state of Washington but don't want to attend school so far away from my home (Indiana). Would a degree from IU or UIUC or ND still get me into the Seattle law market or is it basically useless if it isn't T-14?

Thanks

birdlaw117

Gold

Re: 3.68 / 169 - Chances?

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Michigan - In w/ ED
Duke - I would guess WL/Deny
Chicago - Out
NYU - Out
IU - In
UIUC - In
BU - In
ND - In
Washington - In

To answer your second question. It is very unlikely that any of these degrees, with MAYBE the exception of Michigan, that you could get into the Seattle market. The Northwest legal market seems to be the hardest to crack into right now, and a degree from somewhere other than Stanford, Boalt, or another top west coast school makes it nearly impossible without strong ties. These strong ties probably need to include your significant other having a job there or you lived there until you went off to law school (obviously not the case for you). Just my thoughts on the subject. Sorry if this seemed harsh, just my honest opinion. Best of luck to you!

KMaine

Silver

Post by KMaine » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:50 pm

I got in to Michigan and Duke regular decision with a 169 (only took once) and a slightly lower GPA than yours. With your current LSAT, NYU and Chicago seem like extreme reaches. I think Washington is the only school listed that will get you into Seattle ITE without having strong ties. I know at least 1 guy at Cornell who will be there next summer, but he is top 5% or so and has ties to the area. Also turned very impressive firms in NYC to go there. Not sure if non-Biglaw jobs in Seattle require those kinds of credentials/ties.

ZOMGitzlawlschool

New

Post by ZOMGitzlawlschool » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:45 am

Thank you both for your feedback. I greatly appreciate the honest opinions.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:18 pm

PACNW? Do you have ties? If not, better got to UW and establish some.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”