. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
obsessedandproud

New

Post by obsessedandproud » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:13 am

Last edited by obsessedandproud on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: 3.75/168 (second time) -- Chance me please!

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:20 am

Georgetown says they average LSAT scores. I think that would put you out of the running there.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:31 am

whymeohgodno wrote:Georgetown says they average LSAT scores. I think that would put you out of the running there.
Unless you apply part time. That might look a little weak if you don't have a job though. Still, you might as well.

obsessedandproud

New

Post by obsessedandproud » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:37 am

Thanks for your input! I'm glad people are still on at this hour. I haven't been able to sleep in the past few days with all this anxiety.

And right, I'd forgotten about this average multiple LSAT scores business. I figured Georgetown was a far reach anyway.
Do you think I have a decent shot at Cornell even with the weak softs though? What about the rest of the list?
Any recommendations for other schools?

Thanks!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:43 am

I would take out Georgetown, and add Vandy/Texas.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:39 am

im_blue wrote:I would take out Georgetown, and add Vandy/Texas.
This.

I had these numbers. I came up with:

UF - in with $$$
UGA - in with $$$
Emory - in with $$
Vandy - in with $$
Texas - in with $$
UVA - WL
Duke - WL

My other numbers twin here got Cornell, but with no money. You need to apply to Vandy/Tex. I got a little over half rides at UT, Vandy, and Emory.

obsessedandproud

New

Post by obsessedandproud » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks guys. I'll definitely consider Vandy and Texas!

And wow rad law, that's a nice list of schools you got. Where did you decide on and why?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:08 pm

obsessedandproud wrote:Thanks guys. I'll definitely consider Vandy and Texas!

And wow rad law, that's a nice list of schools you got. Where did you decide on and why?
Vandy because I want to work in FL or ATL, for which Vandy probably is a better choice than Texas. Also it's small (200), and the quality of life here is amazing. I love it here.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:10 pm

rad law wrote:
obsessedandproud wrote:Thanks guys. I'll definitely consider Vandy and Texas!

Vandy because I want to work in FL or ATL, for which Vandy probably is a better choice than Texas. Also it's small (200), and the quality of life here is amazing. I love it here.
i would of given my left arm to go to vandy.. im at the "poor mans" version of vandy..... wustl.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tallboone

Bronze

Post by tallboone » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:14 pm

Georgetown doesn't average scores if you improve significantly (most schools say 6 or more points) and only take the LSAT twice. From personal experience, this is the case. That being said, you probably won't get into Georgetown with a 168. But you should apply to Michigan if you are an interesting applicant.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:18 pm

tallboone wrote:Georgetown doesn't average scores if you improve significantly (most schools say 6 or more points) and only take the LSAT twice. From personal experience, this is the case. That being said, you probably won't get into Georgetown with a 168. But you should apply to Michigan if you are an interesting applicant.
"For reporting purposes, Georgetown adheres to the ABA policy of reporting the higher LSAT score. For evaluation purposes, the Georgetown Admissions Committee typically averages LSAT scores. Georgetown may consider the higher LSAT score if you have only taken the LSAT twice. Please address any mitigating circumstances you feel the Admissions Committee should consider."

Really ambiguous. Hard to tell. It will definitely be worth an app though!

obsessedandproud

New

Post by obsessedandproud » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:39 pm

Do you think an addendum might help at Georgetown (or anywhere else for that matter)? 6 points seems to be an awkward borderline difference for deciding whether or not addendum would explain much.

I don't have an amazing excuse, but I did get sick with a throat infection three weeks before my first exam and was still getting over it when I was taking it. No surgery or anything considered to be a serious illness.. just antibiotics and a LOT of motrin. Does this even count as an addendum topic?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:40 pm

obsessedandproud wrote:Do you think an addendum might help at Georgetown (or anywhere else for that matter)? 6 points seems to be an awkward borderline difference for deciding whether or not addendum would explain much.

I don't have an amazing excuse, but I did get sick with a throat infection three weeks before my first exam and was still getting over it when I was taking it. No surgery or anything considered to be a serious illness.. just antibiotics and a LOT of motrin. Does this even count as an addendum topic?
Addendum would be useless. I highly doubt Georgetown truly averages.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:41 pm

obsessedandproud wrote:Do you think an addendum might help at Georgetown (or anywhere else for that matter)? 6 points seems to be an awkward borderline difference for deciding whether or not addendum would explain much.

Well not to be a downer but I don't think your chances are great at Gtown even if they only considered 168. I wouldn't stress it too much.

Cornell will only take your highest score because you scored at least 3 points higher. If you want t14 I think you should focus there more.

I'm a number twin to you. 3.79/168 (but with really weak softs). Hopefully we will both get into Cornell.

tallboone

Bronze

Post by tallboone » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:46 pm

I had a 6 point difference and submitted an addendum. Georgetown definitely didn't average in my case. But Georgetown had a pretty hard line at 169 last year, and I would imagine it would be the same this year. I just don't think a 168 is going to cut it even though your GPA is above their median.

obsessedandproud

New

Post by obsessedandproud » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:48 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:

Well not to be a downer but I don't think your chances are great at Gtown even if they only considered 168. I wouldn't stress it too much.

Cornell will only take your highest score because you scored at least 3 points higher. If you want t14 I think you should focus there more.

I'm a number twin to you. 3.79/168 (but with really weak softs). Hopefully we will both get into Cornell.
No, I appreciate the honesty whyme. Ah what the heck, I'll put in an app at Georgetown without addendum anyway and if I don't get in, it wasn't meant to be. :|

Funny how superstitious I've become throughout this application process.

Would be totally ecstatic if I got in at Cornell.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “What are my chances?”