Help with my admissions cycle? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ATR

Silver

Help with my admissions cycle?

Post by ATR » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:31 am

Okay, so I got my LSAT score from October and it's below what I want - 164.

Information:
3.89/164
Straight from UG
Good UG work experience

I'm looking for advice on how to handle my cycle. I am retaking in December, but I want to make sure I maximize my chances at scholarship money/admission to lower-ranked schools that I wouldn't mind attending.

I don't really care where I live as long as it's in a relatively big city. I'm not "biglaw or bust," but I would like to be employed in the legal field... anyway, here is a list of schools that I would consider as safeties/targets given my current stats (I am getting a 170 on the December LSAT - missed an entire LG that kept me from a 168 this time around).

North Carolina
Georgia
Ohio State
University of Washington

Should I apply to these schools now to maximize $$$ chances? I'm at a loss on how to handle my situation. I just want to make sure I don't botch my cycle as I want to enter law school directly from UG. List of schools I'm targeting after the retake:

Michigan
Virginia
Berkeley
UPenn
Boston University
Emory
Georgetown
UCLA
USC

ATR

Silver

Re: Help with my admissions cycle?

Post by ATR » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Bumping... anyone?

tallboone

Bronze

Post by tallboone » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:49 pm

Re-take in December and if your cycle doesn't turn out well, wait a year and re-apply. Almost always worth it to wait a year if your LSAT improves a lot.

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:34 pm

tallboone wrote:Re-take in December and if your cycle doesn't turn out well, wait a year and re-apply. Almost always worth it to wait a year if your LSAT improves a lot.
Thanks for the input. I expect to score a 170, so hopefully I can get T14 (really my only requirement, unless I can get a huge scholarship to a T25 school in a region I like).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”