An interesting development Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cccZillo

New

An interesting development

Post by cccZillo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:02 am

Ok, interesting is probably pushing it, but I just like having a subject line that's not just numbers.

So I had the awesome numbers of 2.45/169, with those grades 3 years behind me, working as a journalist.

Live in Chicago, want to work there, so I applied to all of the usual suspects:
Loyola/Kent/DePaul
UIUC
Washington St. Louis
Some fallback schools

The development is that I got a 173 on the October LSAT, as I push the limits of splitterdom. My goal was to improve my chances (of both acceptance and $$$) at those schools, and I think I did that.

But with the 173 are there schools that I should put on my radar that weren't there before? Do I spend the $100 for an extremely longshot at Northwestern?

Thanks for the input all.

Danteshek

Gold

Re: An interesting development

Post by Danteshek » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:22 am

I think you will end up at a Loyola/Kent type school. Hard to justify that GPA.

cccZillo

New

Post by cccZillo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Danteshek wrote:I think you will end up at a Loyola/Kent type school. Hard to justify that GPA.
I would be delighted. Seriously, when you first see how bad your GPA is, its like a gut punch, and I figured John Marshall was in my future. Just glad the hard LSAT work paid off.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Apply ED to Northwestern.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:30 pm

cccZillo wrote:
Danteshek wrote:I think you will end up at a Loyola/Kent type school. Hard to justify that GPA.
I would be delighted. Seriously, when you first see how bad your GPA is, its like a gut punch, and I figured John Marshall was in my future. Just glad the hard LSAT work paid off.
Hopefully it will work out. Be prepared for the worst though and apply to T3/4 safeties. I knew a few people at Southwestern last year with numbers like that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Danteshek wrote:
cccZillo wrote:
Hopefully it will work out. Be prepared for the worst though and apply to T3/4 safeties. I knew a few people at Southwestern last year with numbers like that.
I know a guy who is headed to a V5 next summer with numbers like that. Apply ED to Northwestern.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Apply ED to Northwestern.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”