3.4/164 looking for a full ride Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nireca

New

3.4/164 looking for a full ride

Post by nireca » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:01 am

Are there any decent schools that will give me a full ride with these numbers? I'd like to stay in CA but I'm open to suggestions.

Borhas

Platinum

Re: 3.4/164 looking for a full ride

Post by Borhas » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:09 am

I had 3.4 165 and I didn't get fullride offers anywhere, University of San Diego offered me 15k/year
maybe USF?

I say retake LSAT aim for 167
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:38 am

This is very far from California, but those would be great numbers for the University at Buffalo. Great all around school, very average law school, and the only major player in the Buffalo market so if you dominate school you'll land some decently sweet gigs. UB is a lot better school than its ranking indicates, IMO.

I'm very limited in various law school knowledge, but I know a ton about UB because it's my undergrad/grad, and I absolutely love it here. Won't go here for law school, but not because it isn't a decent school.

Look into it, PM me if you have any questions about the place.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:51 am

check out upitt/case
prob give you close to full ride.

WhatToDo21

New

Post by WhatToDo21 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:11 pm

pereira6 wrote:This is very far from California, but those would be great numbers for the University at Buffalo. Great all around school, very average law school, and the only major player in the Buffalo market so if you dominate school you'll land some decently sweet gigs. UB is a lot better school than its ranking indicates, IMO.

I'm very limited in various law school knowledge, but I know a ton about UB because it's my undergrad/grad, and I absolutely love it here. Won't go here for law school, but not because it isn't a decent school.

I had a 3.2, 165 and only got 5K a year from UB. They suck when it comes to scholarship money, so I wouldn't hold out hope on that one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:15 pm

WhatToDo21 wrote:
pereira6 wrote:This is very far from California, but those would be great numbers for the University at Buffalo. Great all around school, very average law school, and the only major player in the Buffalo market so if you dominate school you'll land some decently sweet gigs. UB is a lot better school than its ranking indicates, IMO.

I had a 3.2, 165 and only got 5K a year from UB. They suck when it comes to scholarship money, so I wouldn't hold out hope on that one.
But, the sticker price at UB is dirt cheap. So any scholly there is great. I know the OP asked for a full scholly, but the money he could get at UB + cheap Cost of Living wouldn't be too bad.

2Serious4Numbers

Bronze

Post by 2Serious4Numbers » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:18 pm

Give WVU a shot, especially since they are the only LS in the state. Or maybe Stetson with their high specialty rankings. It's tough to get a decent full ride with those numbers

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:27 pm

2Serious4Numbers wrote:It's tough to get a decent full ride with those numbers.

nireca

New

Post by nireca » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:49 pm

mst wrote:
2Serious4Numbers wrote:It's tough to get a decent full ride with those numbers.
I know. I think at this point I've accepted the fact that I'm going to have to retake in December.

Would it be worth it to apply to some of these schools in hopes of getting lucky with something close to full ride? I know it doesn't count for much, but I have really strong softs with working at a firm and a nonprofit.

Columbia Law

Bronze

Post by Columbia Law » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:52 pm

UB law is pure shit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”