School List Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dukivich10

Bronze

School List

Post by dukivich10 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:30 pm

So I would like some opinions on my list. Numbers: 159, 3.56. I have been blessed w generous parents so debt will not be a huge factor. I am a FL resident. Although I will be straight outa UG, I have plenty of internship/practical WE. All apps will be in asap.

Safeties
Liberty
Samford (fee waiver)
Stetson

Targets
UF
FSU
UM (fee waiver)
Stetson (fee waiver)

Reaches
Wake (fee waiver)
George Mason (Chances w ED)

I feel like I could use some more schools on my list. As you can tell, I favor the southeast, so any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also, some general "you have _____ % chance" would be nice. Thank you fellow obsessors...

dukivich10

Bronze

Re: School List

Post by dukivich10 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:15 am

Wow...I appreciate the feedback...

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:24 am

dukivich10 wrote:Wow...I appreciate the feedback...
You are maybe in at UM and stetson, none of your other targets. Do you have connections to get a job? Other wise retake for sure.

dukivich10

Bronze

Post by dukivich10 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:33 am

ya i have quite a few....why would u say maybe in at those two...im flirting with or above there 75ths w merit fee waivers from both....

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:46 am

You need to retake the LSAT. You should also consider taking some time off. See if your generous parents will help get you set up somewhere where you can find a job and get at least 1 year (preferably 2) of WE. It will: (a) cushion your GPA, which is not bad but not awesome; (b) give you something to talk about in interviews other than "internships," about which legal employers usually don't care; and (c) provide some real life experience and make you appreciate school more (and thereby work harder + get better grades).

Edit: Also, more to the point of your post...some your "targets" are not realistic targets (e.g., UF's medians are 3.67/162; FSU 3.5ish/162).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”