Chances at Cardozo for January Admission? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
gracieb

New

Chances at Cardozo for January Admission?

Post by gracieb » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:14 am

So, I have a LSAC calculated gpa of 3.9, about what score do you think I would need to be a sure thing at Cardozo for January admission? I have consistently practice tested between a 165 and a 170 for about a year, so I expect I will score somewhere within that range. However, I did take and do horribly on the June 09 test. This was because I stupidly decided to take it despite being severely ill. I got a 154, pretty terrible especially considering that I've never, not even once, practice tested below a 162 (that was my first score cold when I started studying) Anyway, I know that was a fluke because I won't take this test if I have a severe kidney infection (God, I was stupid). I really want to go to Cardozo because I am a legacy, so many of my families have attended that law school and several went to the rabbinical school too(one went to both). Anyway, yeah, so I know my GPA is great, I have lots of good rec's, an excellent resume as I worked full time throughout my college career and I think my personal statement is pretty solid, I just need to get my lsat score. So what do you think I need to get?

whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: Chances at Cardozo for January Admission?

Post by whymeohgodno » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:27 pm

uh, you're pretty much in with money if you score anywhere near your PT's.

just write an addendum for the first LSAT, most law schools don't care about the lowest lsat score that much anyways.

2ofspades

Bronze

Post by 2ofspades » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:42 pm

+1

I'll add - Cardozo takes your highest score according to TLS (http://www.top-law-schools.com/retaking-the-lsat.html), and you get three shots at the LSAT (though I don't think you'll need more than the two). So you should feel confident and relaxed. Stressing out about a score they'll toss out anyway won't do you any good.

And congrats in advance on your choice! Cardozo's a great school and one I admire. If you test where you're PTing or close, you have a great shot at $$$ there, and a great shot at most T1 schools too should your plans change.

gracieb

New

Post by gracieb » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks guys, this makes me feel a lot better. Honestly, the first test was so hilariously bad, in that I screwed up the first section so badly that the fact that I only got 3 wrong in the remaining 3 sections meant nothing. Anyway, this time I won't do that again and hopefully in January I'll be following the family footsteps.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”