CU Boulder Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
bakerka2

New

CU Boulder

Post by bakerka2 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:50 pm

3.4 160 OOS, 1 year out of school, no great employment to add, Rejected from CU Boulder last year. Retaking LSAT this October. What score should I shoot for? Also, should I ED?
Last edited by bakerka2 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Gold

Re: CU Boulder

Post by Barbie » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:02 am

bakerka2 wrote:3.4 160 OOS, 1 year out of school, no great employment to add, Rejected from CU Boulder last year. Retaking LSAT this October. What score should I shoot for? Also, should I ED?

I called the admissions lady, she said that it will not help your chances AT ALL to ED. I would looove to go to CU too and I am also retaking (3.1/163/OOS) I think a 165 is pretty solid, but I don't really know. Shoot high though!! I'm shooting for a 167ish, even though I know that is crazy for me. Dreams do come true :) hah

bakerka2

New

Post by bakerka2 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:02 am

Barbie wrote: I called the admissions lady, she said that it will not help your chances AT ALL to ED. I would looove to go to CU too and I am also retaking (3.1/163/OOS) I think a 165 is pretty solid, but I don't really know. Shoot high though!! I'm shooting for a 167ish, even though I know that is crazy for me. Dreams do come true :) hah
I will probably ED anyway... Just to (fingers crossed) know sooner that I'm going to Boulder!

calbears619

New

Post by calbears619 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:01 am

Look at admissions statistics for Boulder but I think that 165 or more gives you a good shot. Also, I don't know if this is the case for Boulder but some schools will take the average of both your LSATs if they are within 3 points of each other, so scoring above 163 is a must.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 am

calbears619 wrote:Look at admissions statistics for Boulder but I think that 165 or more gives you a good shot. Also, I don't know if this is the case for Boulder but some schools will take the average of both your LSATs if they are within 3 points of each other, so scoring above 163 is a must.
163 was my second LSAT (but it is more than 3 points above...) but she said they take the highest.
I haven't spoken with a school yet that averages scores. Do you know specifically?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

calbears619

New

Post by calbears619 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:44 pm

I believe the UC schools among others average scores. Most schools have a multiple score section on their admissions website with their policies on LSAT consideration.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:48 pm

calbears619 wrote:I believe the UC schools among others average scores. Most schools have a multiple score section on their admissions website with their policies on LSAT consideration.
On the phone she told me they significantly favor higher scores... I think this would be a good school to attach an addendum to.

How does the admissions committee view multiple LSAT scores?
Colorado Law’s Admissions Committee sees your LSDAS report with your scores for each individual examination, as well as your average score. The Law School uses the higher score for reporting purposes.

Merr

Bronze

Post by Merr » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:42 pm

I got in with a 3.4-5 and 163 last cycle OOS no ED.

I am also fairly certain CU does not average scores. Otherwise I would have been a complete fluke.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Merr wrote:I got in with a 3.4-5 and 163 last cycle OOS no ED.

I am also fairly certain CU does not average scores. Otherwise I would have been a complete fluke.
thats awesome. are you going? my GPA is lower, but I have a really good addendum (and I don't say that lightly) and a 3.8 degree GPA that hopefully will be taken much more seriously after my addendum. But I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to CU. I am applying asap, even before I retake the LSAT and crossing my fingers. congrats!!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Merr

Bronze

Post by Merr » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Barbie wrote:
Merr wrote:I got in with a 3.4-5 and 163 last cycle OOS no ED.

thats awesome. are you going? my GPA is lower, but I have a really good addendum (and I don't say that lightly) and a 3.8 degree GPA that hopefully will be taken much more seriously after my addendum. But I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to CU. I am applying asap, even before I retake the LSAT and crossing my fingers. congrats!!!!!

No, I withdrew and am going to UNC. Thank you and good luck with your cycle.

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Wow. I knew CU Boulder was competitive but I didn't realize just HOW competitive. Boulder is generally considered the best school in the Rocky Mountain West so I guess they can be pretty picky.

Is the OP a Colorado resident and if not, would it do any good to relocate for a year then try again?

The other option would be DU Denver but if CU won't admit, I don't suppose DU will come up with any scholarship money?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:13 pm

BeautifulSW wrote:Wow. I knew CU Boulder was competitive but I didn't realize just HOW competitive. Boulder is generally considered the best school in the Rocky Mountain West so I guess they can be pretty picky.

Is the OP a Colorado resident and if not, would it do any good to relocate for a year then try again?

The other option would be DU Denver but if CU won't admit, I don't suppose DU will come up with any scholarship money?
(I'm not OP, hehe, but..) DU is ranked considerably lower than CU. I suppose that most people with mid numbers like us (I say mid lightly and in ref. to this forum, because 90th percentile isn't exactly mid IRL) would be trying to go to a school ranked a little higher. But I do think they would throw a few bones. I would love to go to CU, and wouldn't go to DU really...

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:31 pm

DU is ranked considerably lower than CU but there are plenty of DU grads working in Colorado and New Mexico. It is possible to find a job. OTOH, now that I think about it, the many DU guys I've run into here in NM usually came here because they couldn't find anything in Colorado...hoo boy...and that was before the Crash.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NewLobo

New

Post by NewLobo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:17 pm

calbears619 wrote:I believe the UC schools among others average scores. Most schools have a multiple score section on their admissions website with their policies on LSAT consideration.
They are speaking of Colorado-Boulder, not the UC school system.

bakerka2

New

Post by bakerka2 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:34 pm

BeautifulSW wrote:Wow. I knew CU Boulder was competitive but I didn't realize just HOW competitive. Boulder is generally considered the best school in the Rocky Mountain West so I guess they can be pretty picky.

I'm from Michigan... I might be moving there soon, but I'm applying this cycle, even if I'm OOS... I can't wait any longer haha

I'm pretty sure I'd get into DU without retaking, I was accepted with $$ to similarly-ranked schools last year. I didn't apply because I was just a little worried about going to a school with such a bad bar-passage rate... but I'd probably apply there this year just in case.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “What are my chances?”