3.3 GPA 177 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
blurbz

Silver

Re: 3.3 GPA 177 LSAT

Post by blurbz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:55 am

Fyre182 wrote:can I not ED and apply early simultaneously? Like, for ED, I don't have to wait until I find out before I can apply to other schools right?

Correct. You don't need to wait (and shouldn't wait) to apply to other schools. You can't, however, ED at two places simultaneously.

caleng

New

Post by caleng » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:56 am

You can ED and apply early (as long as it isn't another ED) at the same time. If you get into the ED school, you just need to withdraw your regular applications as soon as possible.

I agree with everyone who says not to ED to NU. Use your ED at a school you consider more of a reach. I got in (granted I was held->waitlisted->in) with <3.3 and 170. Your LSAT and work experience will look great to them. Also, I know everyone says that your major and undergrad institution don't matter, but something definitely gave me an unexpected boost with certain schools. Good luck!

detljgh

New

Post by detljgh » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Last edited by detljgh on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tlsfa8

New

Post by tlsfa8 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:38 pm

detljgh wrote:my exact same numbers, here's how mine played out this past cycle-

Columbia-Reject
NYU-Waitlist
Mich-$$
Virginia-Waitlist
Penn-Waitlist
Duke-Waitlist
Georgetown-$
UCLA-Waitlist

$ at a bunch of safeties that I wasn't really interested in.

It's gonna be unpredictable for you too. I am not convinced ED would have changed much for me. Mich was my second choice after Columbia, and I wouldn't have taken Columbia at sticker over Mich's dollars. In that case, even if an ED had helped me, it would have hurt me. Just saying... cast a wide net, you don't know what's gonna happen, but you do have a chance for money so make sure ED is the right decision for you.
When did you send in your applications? From what I've heard, applying early can really help, even for those with low numbers. I'm a 3.35, 178, so my plan is to send them in as soon as the applications open up.

rpcv1

New

Post by rpcv1 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:19 pm

tlsfa8 wrote:detljgh wrote:
my exact same numbers, here's how mine played out this past cycle-

Columbia-Reject
NYU-Waitlist
Mich-$$
Virginia-Waitlist
Penn-Waitlist
Duke-Waitlist
Georgetown-$
UCLA-Waitlist

$ at a bunch of safeties that I wasn't really interested in.

It's gonna be unpredictable for you too. I am not convinced ED would have changed much for me. Mich was my second choice after Columbia, and I wouldn't have taken Columbia at sticker over Mich's dollars. In that case, even if an ED had helped me, it would have hurt me. Just saying... cast a wide net, you don't know what's gonna happen, but you do have a chance for money so make sure ED is the right decision for you.

When did you send in your applications? From what I've heard, applying early can really help, even for those with low numbers. I'm a 3.35, 178, so my plan is to send them in as soon as the applications open up.
+1 and did/are you riding any of the wls? I'm guessing you're not, considering the Mich dollars.

tlsfa8:
so, are you EDing columbia still? I read your other thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”