3.82/165 - What are my chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
msch0i

Silver

3.82/165 - What are my chances?

Post by msch0i » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi guys,
Just looking for some insight. 3.82 UGPA from UCLA (honors program...not sure how much that helps), 165 (retake from 160 in Sept.). Just your average softs - worked throughout undergrad, interned at a big public interest firm and the DA's office. Non-URM.

I applied last cycle to CA schools only, planning to retake the LSAT sometime but just couldn't find the time to study for it. I was pretty much rejected from everywhere except for WLs at UCLA (ED) and Hastings. I retook the LSAT in June and scored a 165.

Below are my short list of schools I've researched this year, but please add suggestions if you'd like. I'd obviously like to stay in California, but I'm open to looking into out of states (as I may have to) - I just haven't researched many yet. My ultimate goal is to end up in the Socal area, working at the Federal Public Defender's office or otherwise doing some kind of civil rights litigation at a public interest firm.

UCLA (ED)
Berkeley (I know.. :( a girl can dream)
UC Irvine
UC Hastings
UC Davis
Loyola Law School
Pepperdine
USC
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
Fordham

Thanks! :D

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Re: 3.82/165 - What are my chances?

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 am

You're probably not going to get into Berkeley but who knows? Your chances aren't terrible given the 3.82.
You'll likely get into UCLA with an ED- might be tougher RD.
You're in everywhere else as far as I'm concerned.

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Do I really have a shot at UCLA if I ED? :shock: I was thinking it's a very slim chance even with ED, but that'd be amazing..

Any chance that I can score some $ at some lower-ranked schools? I see Davis and Hastings as realistic choices but it seems almost impossible to score decent merit aid with CA schools nowadays..

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:18 pm

msch0i wrote:Do I really have a shot at UCLA if I ED? :shock: I was thinking it's a very slim chance even with ED, but that'd be amazing..

Any chance that I can score some $ at some lower-ranked schools? I see Davis and Hastings as realistic choices but it seems almost impossible to score decent merit aid with CA schools nowadays..
Your numbers are within range. I think you'll likely get in with ED (unless ED offers no boost at all which I don't think is the case with UCLA) - it shows UCLA that you're really interested in attending there.

mleibman

New

Post by mleibman » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:28 pm

UCLA has their low end LSAT at 164. Your LSAT is within their 30th percentile. Given your connections with their school, and a decent "why UCLA" essay, its possible, but I would try and bump up your LSAT to be sure. I am praying for a UCLA admit as well.

msch0i

Silver

Post by msch0i » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Sadly, my LSAT score isn't going to change :( I actually studied very hard for the June exam and was scoring in the high 160s but games in the June exam were the end of me :x

But thanks, everyone! Here's to a smooth upcoming cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”