Chances of half/full ride Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
willyj

New

Chances of half/full ride

Post by willyj » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:36 pm

167 LSAT/ 3.90 UGPA from strong public university with decent to strong softs; no work experience other than summer internships, though, I'm coming straight from UG. Looking at schools in the South, but open to wherever. Money from t14 schools is unlikely, I know, but I think I can definitely pull some from t20-t30, right? What are the chances of half or better from anywhere between UCLA and UGA?

kaydish21

Bronze

Re: Chances of half/full ride

Post by kaydish21 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:39 pm

I don't know about a lot of those schools, but I think for a full ride you need to look a bit lower. I bet WUSTL gives you a good package, however I think you are more in the 15-25k range at most of the schools in that group. A retake with 2-3 points improvement would drastically change the cycle for you.

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Two friends received 2/3 tuition scholarships to BU with a lower gpa and otherwise identical this past cycle.

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm not too sure if anyone even in the 20's will offer a full ride except IU-B, at least not right off the get go. Make sure you negotiate though. I think its definitely a possibility if you're willing to negotiate offers with schools, and then re-negotiate. Emory might be a good bet for you. Dominate in ATL and I'm sure you could talk them into giving you some good money.
Last edited by pjo on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:26 pm

willyj wrote:167 LSAT/ 3.90 UGPA from strong public university with decent to strong softs; no work experience other than summer internships, though, I'm coming straight from UG. Looking at schools in the South, but open to wherever. Money from t14 schools is unlikely, I know, but I think I can definitely pull some from t20-t30, right? What are the chances of half or better from anywhere between UCLA and UGA?
UGA? I had a slightly higher LSAT and lower GPA, ended up with tuition equalization plus $15k guaranteed.

Apply from Cornell and down to 30 and you will receive multiple sizable scholarship offers, especially from places that are know for throwing out a lot of money, such as WUSTL and Emory. I got slightly over half-scholarships at Vandy and Texas, too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”