3.74/160--FSU,UF,UM? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
alicrimson

Silver

3.74/160--FSU,UF,UM?

Post by alicrimson » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:47 am

Hey guys, so I'm adding another obnoxious scoring question. I have a 3.74, probably 3.78 post the 12 credits I'm taking this summer, lsdas gpa and I sucked it up with a 160 LSAT. This was below what I was scoring so I'll probably retake. That being said, I was wondering if I have a shot at these schools? Particularly UF and even FSU. I think I have pretty good softs. I play D1 sports, am involved in the opera program, a few academic things, and Greek life with positions [because we all now that's huge :roll: ]. Thanks so much for your help. I'm just a tad nervous because as it stands, I'm a point below Florida median LSAT. Thanks again!
Easier way may be.

GPA: 3.74
LSAT: 160 [retaking]
Non URM
Marketing Major
D1 athlete, opera program, academic organizations, sorority stuff, upward grade trend.

alicrimson

Silver

Re: 3.74/160--FSU,UF,UM?

Post by alicrimson » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Also, if anyone has any other ideas in terms of regional south east schools, that would be great. I guess alot depends on my retake score....

PlugInBaby

Bronze

Post by PlugInBaby » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 pm

alicrimson wrote:Hey guys, so I'm adding another obnoxious scoring question. I have a 3.74, probably 3.78 post the 12 credits I'm taking this summer, lsdas gpa and I sucked it up with a 160 LSAT. This was below what I was scoring so I'll probably retake. That being said, I was wondering if I have a shot at these schools? Particularly UF and even FSU. I think I have pretty good softs. I play D1 sports, am involved in the opera program, a few academic things, and Greek life with positions [because we all now that's huge :roll: ]. Thanks so much for your help. I'm just a tad nervous because as it stands, I'm a point below Florida median LSAT. Thanks again!
Easier way may be.

GPA: 3.74
LSAT: 160 [retaking]
Non URM
Marketing Major
D1 athlete, opera program, academic organizations, sorority stuff, upward grade trend.
Honestly with those current stats I cannot think of any other accessible schools in the Southeast that would be that much better to pay the higher debt as opposed to going to UF or FSU in-state. Let us both hope we kick major ass in October!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:24 pm

In-state?

If next cycle is anything like this cycle, in at all three. Miami's not worth going to unless you've getting somewhere near full tuition though.

Career goals? Hopefully it's not big firm, because hiring is way down, and people from more prestigious schools are snapping up those jobs which would have in the past gone to UF and FSU people.

Retake if you want to go to a southern regional school.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:28 pm

rad law wrote:In-state?

If next cycle is anything like this cycle, in at all three. Miami's not worth going to unless you've getting somewhere near full tuition though.

Career goals? Hopefully it's not big firm, because hiring is way down, and people from more prestigious schools are snapping up those jobs which would have in the past gone to UF and FSU people.

Retake if you want to go to a southern regional school.
Yeah, I'm in state. Thanks so much for your input. I know hiring in big law firms are down; however, I think so long as I go back around home, I should be okay. Again, I really appreciate the responses. I intend on a retake and am hoping I'll hit somewhere in high 160's because I think maybe that would open some more doors. Again, thanks so much.
Are you currently at UF or FSU, rad law?
Last edited by alicrimson on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

grobbelski

Bronze

Post by grobbelski » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:31 pm

It might be worth a retake, but your gpa is above and your lsat isn't that far below median, so I think you have a decent shot even now.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:34 pm

alicrimson wrote: Yeah, I'm in state. Thanks so much for your input. I know hiring in big law firms are down; however, I think so long as I go back to South Florida, I'll be well taken care of.
For FL big firm, honestly, I'd go out of State to a strong regional (Emory, Vanderbilt) or national school. Take a look at Carlton Fields' SA class this year. It will depress you. Only 3/13 from FL schools. I'm willing to bet the BC/BU/ND people have strong personal ins and/or are from FL.

--LinkRemoved--
Again, I really appreciate the responses. I intend on a retake and am hoping I'll hit somewhere in high 160's because I think maybe that would open some more doors. Again, thanks so much.
Are you currently at UF or FSU, rad law?
No, just lifetime FL resident. Worked in a couple firms, lots of family in/were in big firm, fed. govt., local govt., small firm.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”