Where to Apply? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
bostonlawchick

Bronze

Where to Apply?

Post by bostonlawchick » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:20 pm

Yes, another one of these threads....

171/3.4

worked 40+ hours through undergrad while taking 18 credits a semester, no softs to speak of... I should have a 3.5 come the end of fall semester next year. Retaking in October, my PTs were in the 173-176 range. No interest in going west of the Mississippi.

My list so far is:

BC
BU
Gtown
WUSTL

Where else should I apply? I'd like to come back to Boston to work, but NY would be just as good.

Diamond

Re: Where to Apply?

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:21 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:Yes, another one of these threads....

171/3.4

worked 40+ hours through undergrad while taking 18 credits a semester, no softs to speak of... I should have a 3.5 come the end of fall semester next year. Retaking in October, my PTs were in the 173-176 range. No interest in going west of the Mississippi.

My list so far is:

BC
BU
Gtown
WUSTL

Where else should I apply? I'd like to come back to Boston to work, but NY would be just as good.
Penn
Uva
Michigan
Duke
Cornell

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

171/3.4

My list so far is:

BC
BU
Gtown
WUSTL

Penn
Uva
Michigan
Duke
Cornell
Thanks DF. That makes me feel better about my 171. :)

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:45 am

Desert Fox wrote:

171/3.4

My list so far is:

BC
BU
Gtown
WUSTL

Penn
Uva
Michigan
Duke
Cornell
^These, plus consider:
Fordham
Texas
Vanderbilt
W&L
Illinois
Notre Dame
Emory

Send out a ton of fee waivers and consider sending fee waiver requests to most T30 schools. Never hurts to ask and lots of schools give them out. The more apps you send out the better chance you have at getting a scholly you can use to leverage money out of other schools.

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:

Send out a ton of fee waivers and consider sending fee waiver requests to most T30 schools. Never hurts to ask and lots of schools give them out. The more apps you send out the better chance you have at getting a scholly you can use to leverage money out of other schools.
How do the fee waivers work? I have an LSAC fee waiver, does that mean some schools automatically give me a fee waiver as well? For the schools that don't do it automatically, do they just email you one to the email from your LSAC account?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”