Upset About My LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
acfair

New

Upset About My LSAT

Post by acfair » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:48 pm

/
Last edited by acfair on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cleareyes

Bronze

Re: Upset About My LSAT

Post by Cleareyes » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:50 pm

How much prep did you do?

How were you doing on practice tests?

MikeDicta

New

Post by MikeDicta » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Tell your story with precision, confidence and humility. :)

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:53 pm

There are some great threads on LSAT prep on here. Retake.

acfair

New

Post by acfair » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Yeah, I studied, but not tremendously hard. I didn't take a prep class, and I only studied for about two weeks with any intensity.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cleareyes

Bronze

Post by Cleareyes » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:02 pm

acfair wrote:Yeah, I studied, but not tremendously hard. I didn't take a prep class, and I only studied for about two weeks with any intensity.
Study better using resources here and maybe a class and do better. You almost certainly haven't maxed out your potential and even if you could get into the school you want now you won't get a scholarship. Picking your score up 5 points will change things enormously. 10 more points and you're living in a different galaxy. Nose to the grindstone.

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Cleareyes wrote:
acfair wrote:Yeah, I studied, but not tremendously hard. I didn't take a prep class, and I only studied for about two weeks with any intensity.
Study better using resources here and maybe a class and do better. You almost certainly haven't maxed out your potential and even if you could get into the school you want now you won't get a scholarship. Picking your score up 5 points will change things enormously. 10 more points and you're living in a different galaxy. Nose to the grindstone.
+ 1. I wish I had done this.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:05 pm

There is your problem right there. The LSAT is incredibly learnable, but you need to put the work into it.

I don't mean to be a dick here, but you want to go to a T25 law school and you only put in two weeks of intense study?

Do yourself and that GPA a favor and commit yourself to this summer studying, get into the 160's in October and rock U-Minnesota.

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Do the Powerscore Bibles, take a bunch of PTs, go over your wrong answers and retake in October. With a 167+ you'll be in good shape at UMN.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

acfair

New

Post by acfair » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Yeah, not studying that hard was really dumb. I was doing my senior project and was just up to my ears in that and put off studying because of my project.

And this sounds really dumb, but I am just used to doing really well on tests without studying. I know that's stupid, but I am fessing up to it to explain my actions.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:17 pm

acfair wrote:Yeah, not studying that hard was really dumb. I was doing my senior project and was just up to my ears in that and put off studying because of my project.

And this sounds really dumb, but I am just used to doing really well on tests without studying. I know that's stupid, but I am fessing up to it to explain my actions.
Hey at least you can own up to it.

I can't say I wasn't in the same boat the first time I took the LSAT. I was graduating and I have always owned standardized tests. The LSAT is just a different beast altogether.

acfair

New

Post by acfair » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Just registered for October. Wish I would have known about the Fee Waiver before I registered my first time.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:05 pm

With that GPA, if you post a decent LSAT, adcomms should let go your 1st score, especially considering your URM status. Study hard, and don't be afraid to invest in good studying-it can pay off big time in scholarships.

acfair

New

Post by acfair » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Thankfully, my tribe pays for my law school tuition, so scholarships aren't really a huge concern.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”