Cardozo P/T 2010 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
curly3426

Bronze

Cardozo P/T 2010

Post by curly3426 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:14 pm

Hey guys,

I am starting the law school search process... ugh

Had a few questions for you all:

1) does anyone know if going to a part-time program has an effect on job prospects - more specifically, the Cardozo P/T program (because it is so unique)

2) I am a graduate of Boston College - 3.755 GPA, Philosophy, Theatre Arts Double Major. Have worked professionally as an actor in NYC for a few years now, but ready to pursue my other passion. I am taking the LSAT for the first time in June - have been scoring between 159 - 164 on practice tests... how are my chances at Cardozo P/T

3) I am applying to BC, BU, GWU, NYU, Fordham (should I apply part-time), Cardozo (should I apply part-time)

Thanks!

JDSprintz

New

Re: Cardozo P/T 2010

Post by JDSprintz » Mon May 31, 2010 2:27 pm

According to Cardozo's website, part time students had a median gpa of 3.56, which you are well above. The 75th percentile LSAT score is a 161. So, I'm definitely not an expert, but based on your numbers it seems that you will be competitive. That being said, I would definitely apply to Fordham PT, especially if you score above 160 on your LSAT.

I'm not sure about the job prospects, but I'm curious about that too, so I'll keep checking this thread.

curly3426

Bronze

Re: Cardozo P/T 2010

Post by curly3426 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:29 pm

thanks for the reply - ya I am curious about that too

from everything I've read most part-time programs might hurt your chances, but they might not. Cardozo has such an interesting part-time program that I wonder if it even matters

PS i am WHITE MALE, but have US passport and Italian passport

Return to “What are my chances?”