AA Male 4.0 165 (What are my chances?) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Re: AA Male 4.0 165 (What are my chances?)

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed May 05, 2010 12:43 pm

I'd say you have a decent chance at HYS. You should also send apps to CCN just in case.

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Thu May 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I'd say you have a decent chance at HYS. You should also send apps to CCN just in case.
TITCR

The Invisible Man

New

Post by The Invisible Man » Thu May 06, 2010 12:40 pm

As far as HYS is concerned, one of them will surely bite.

But as far as the rest of the T14, you're a lock. You'll walk right into one of them. Your biggest worry is deciding whether to go with the T14 that offers you a full ride or the the T14 that's ranked the highest.

For the people telling OP to retake, I think they really don't understand how rare it is for Admission Committees to find a black male applicant with a 160+ LSAT, let alone a 165 or a black male applicant with a 4.0.

Assuming OP isn't a flame, the world is at his feet.

Wolverine Den

New

Post by Wolverine Den » Thu May 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks for all of the responses guys.

ScaredWorkedBored

Bronze

Post by ScaredWorkedBored » Wed May 12, 2010 9:16 am

Danteshek wrote:Um, I had no idea hedge funds (buy side) employed investment bankers (sell side). This is either a flame or OP doesn't know what he is talking about.
Plenty of investment bankers that exit Wall Street to PE & hedge funds. Most hedge funds go to great lengths to avoid having to register as broker-dealers, which is required to actually be an official investment banker, but some certainly do offer the services. The one that jumps to my mind is Citadel. Not to mention the hedge funds that are actually investment bank projects...

Pretty big difference between the mega-cap hedge funds & PE firms and what people normally imagine a hedge fund to be.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OnWisconsin

Bronze

Post by OnWisconsin » Wed May 12, 2010 9:48 am

james18 wrote:
Danteshek wrote:Um, I had no idea hedge funds (buy side) employed investment bankers (sell side). This is either a flame or OP doesn't know what he is talking about.

Edit: Just read OP's explanation... Kinda dumb.
Does it bother anybody else that whenever a URM with high numbers starts asking about chances he is almost immediately accused of being a flame?

I posted about a year ago under a friend's account asking about scholarships in the T14 and got maybe 3 helpful responses and about 30 accusations of making up my numbers. Now I do understand if people just don't know what kind of chances URM applicants with high GPAs or LSATS have because of the small sample size and lack of data, but just say so then...No need to start accusing people of making things up.

OP, if you were consistently practice testing that high, my suggestion is to retake.
Other posters question OP's hand. Ask for a show of cards.

James wins with

For shame anyone who dares to question the authenticity of a thread.

That being said, OP have fun at T14 w/$$$ or HYS with retake.

You're a strong candidate irrespective of your race.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”